·
Registered
933 Posts
Still cannot wait to do this mod!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Polarized film

Hey, sorry for reviving an old thread, but can someone send me a link to the polarized film you guys used? Tried amazon but they don't have on the Canadian version and the USA one doesn't ship here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I checked eBay, but there are so many different ones, ranging in price from $15-$100+, just not sure which one I need.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had this done for a while and liked the difference over standard, but after a year I switched it back.
Daylight visibility was fine when overcast and with a clear visor, but in sunshine and with a tinted visor I could hardly see the speed at all!

Decided to just swap out all the LEDs instead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had this done for a while and liked the difference over standard, but after a year I switched it back.
Daylight visibility was fine when overcast and with a clear visor, but in sunshine and with a tinted visor I could hardly see the speed at all!

Decided to just swap out all the LEDs instead.
Did you have the inverted look + LED or just the film on it? I am wondering how it would be if I did both the LEDs and the polarized sheets in the sun.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just had the standard LEDs when the film was reversed.

Swapping to white and blue LEDs, the display is brighter; so maybe it would be a bit more visible with swapped LEDs in the daylight... but I'm not sure.
You can always give it a try.

I bought my polarised film off eBay, but it was a while ago now, so can't find it. It was just an A4 sheet that I cut to size.
Decided to get non-sticky, so it would be easy to swap if I didn't like it.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts