Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard to find an electrical short? I unwired my taillight on my 09 600rr for a track day. Didn't have instructions to rewire it and I must've made an error because my dash lights/gauges doesn't work but it still runs. Thanks in advance guys

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds like you blew the fuse to the brake/cluster. Which taillight do you have?

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
First of all, it may be a short, or an open, or a defective component. "Short" is a specific condition, not a general description.

Check fuses as Tripage said earlier.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Black
green
red wires on the taillight?

What colors do you have on the bike?
Fuse is most likely the problem, so I would remove the taillight and replace the fuse to start with.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tripage, I feel a little dumb for this question but does the taillight have a fuse of of its own? Or just replace the fuse that's under my seat. And yes, the taillight has all those colors.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
No, the fuse controls the taillight/cluster.

Black is ground
red is running
green is brake

For the bike
The colors are different on some years but it should be
green/yellow is brake
I think yours is black/white is running
Either all black or green is ground

Remove the taillight from the wiring and then replace the fuse. I would get an extra one to replace your extra in your fuse box as well encase you mix up something and blow another one.

I would also recommend getting OEM plugs. This way you can plug it in and be done.

http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=106_95

1 - 7 of 7 Posts