Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Neither of my headlights turn on, regardless of Hi/Lo beam switch position. They were working fine and then both of them just don't work now. Tail light does work if that helps.
Same thing happened to me on my '03 600RR before leaving for work at 5:20am this morning. No lights.

I lightly pressed the start switch, and voila, lights came on. First time it's ever happened to me. The bike does have 37000km on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the write up, lights went out yesterday. Opened up the start housing and sure enough the red and black wire was not attached. I'm going to 2nd the request for the pictures. Not showing up on chrome, Safari, or firefox.

·
Registered
9 Posts
had a similiar problem, lights woullllldn't come on and jiggling the start button would make them work, took it appart didn't see a broken wire, but it was quite dirty,

sprayed it with brake cleaner, and it seems to be working now, hoping it stays this way
2005-600rr

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I've re-up the pictures on Google Drive. They're in no particular order but you'll figure it out from the original post.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0ihcZjTLt_ZbzNMYXE3WnQ2RGc&usp=sharing

There is one picture in there to show you that even a solid solder point is still prone to melting under extreme heat from starting the bike. Replacing the starter switch assembly will put you at $80 or so but saved many hours of troubleshooting like I did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
can you email me the pictures please for post #26, they wont show up on either my work pc or my personal laptop. Much thanks bro I hope this works I'm about to have to attempt soldering in the parking garage at work!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, saved my ass!!!

Monday on my way to work both headlights quit on me.... **** !!!! I read this thread and sure enough it was the wire in the start switch ! grabbed mt soldering iron and at 5:30am in the parking garage fixed it in 7 min. Great advice, if your headlights don't work check the switch first !! thanks for the help!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry for the thread revival, but I want to say thank you to Dreamzboy for making this write up, and posting the link to the google drive.

My problem was not the lone wire coming loose, but rather that the whole upper circuit popped out of the plastic retaining tabs. Somehow, the bike would still start like this, but the headlights would not come on at all.

Anyway, finding this thread is what caused me to look in the right direction, and subsequently find my problem, so thanks again Dreamzboy! :shakehand

Attached is a picture of her all fixed up. :banger:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 600rr issue starts with all light went out changed a fuse that had blown but know my head light wont work,if I connect the low beam headlight terminal all lights go out and fuel pump wont work, I can hook up the high beam connector with the low beam connector disconnected but if I switch to high beam boom everything goes out and the headlight relay starts to sound, checked everything mentioned above, start switch ground terminal under seat cowl and cant find the cause

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Maybe bad grounding or something's shorting. If you use any integrated turn signal or swap out any aftermarket electrical, you'll need to re-examine those. There's no easy way out other than troubleshoot one by one. Make sure to check your grounding as well, the connector with a bunch of green wires on the side of the bike. I forgot which side but it's near the rear cowl close to the passenger pegs.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts