Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Wow...excellent write up...Mad Props to Jim Moore!!!!
So instead of buying the fork seal driver, you can get a 2" PCV pipe, cut in 1/2 and use that?

Also, on a different note, does the rear shock ever needs servicing? I never hear anyone mention about the rear leaking etc...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Now it's time to use your special tool from Traxxion. Hook up your tool, push the spring down and have someone slide the holder under the locknut. Sounds easy, but it is a PITA. It took every bit of my 155 lb to push that spring down. Here is a pic with the fork spring holder in place.
Jim,

Here is a fork spring compressor...a little pricey but is a lot easier.

http://www.racetech.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=9&subcat=19&cat=Fork+Spring+Compressor&showPage=street

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK, I had to do the other one today and I learned a few tihgns. First, if you are just doing to fork seal, you don't need to take the cartridge out, so you can skip the info in posts 8 and 15.

Second, the spring compression was totally kicking my ass. I have the tool, but it is still a MFer to get it compressed enough to insert the holder. Rreference post 4. I decided to try to use my floor jack to compres the spring. i attached the fork to the neck of my trailer, and looped some tie down straps around the arms of the compression tool. I hooked the tie downs to the bottom of the jack and jacked that biatch right on up. It worked like a champ. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
soooo... 07/08 and 05/06 inverted forks are the same mirite? Cuz all I can find on here is the 03/04 and 07/08 fork seal guides lol. So I'm gonna assume it the same and start on my seasl tomorrow :D

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think so. I don't know if the tubes are the same size, so I don't know what size seal driver you need. Let us know how it goes.

21 - 40 of 190 Posts