Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Im using Castrol GT LMA Brake Fluid.
I've still got plenty of this stuff I dunno if it can be used it bikes I'm guessing it can Unless Bikes have special fluid?

ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid
(DOT 4) has a dry boiling point of 536F and a wet boiling point of 396F. ATE Super Blue is compatible and will mix with most DOT3, DOT4, or DOT 5.1 Fluids.

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
I've still got plenty of this stuff I dunno if it can be used it bikes I'm guessing it can Unless Bikes have special fluid?

ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid
(DOT 4) has a dry boiling point of 536F and a wet boiling point of 396F. ATE Super Blue is compatible and will mix with most DOT3, DOT4, or DOT 5.1 Fluids.
its if a DOT 4 fluid you should be fine.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
After bled and refilling with new oil and bleeding that through the lines do you have to keep the rubber thing in the resivior and the cap on or just keep the fluid level right so it doesn't suck in any air?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
After bled and refilling with new oil and bleeding that through the lines do you have to keep the rubber thing in the resivior and the cap on or just keep the fluid level right so it doesn't suck in any air?
You mean when you're bleeding? If so, you don't need to keep the cap on, but it may keep you from getting brake fluid on your paint.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Any one is So Cal, SD or IE area

Can help me install my brakelines?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got mine installed. I bled the lines from both calipers and the m/c, no more bubbles came out, Still not as stiff as the stock ones were.. What gives? I road like 20 miles yesterday, there are no leaks. Feel a little sloppy.. I took my nefues 06 R6 for a ride. His brakes were so much better then mine. I'm going to try bleeding again in a few days. I did front and back.

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
I got mine installed. I bled the lines from both calipers and the m/c, no more bubbles came out, Still not as stiff as the stock ones were.. What gives? I road like 20 miles yesterday, there are no leaks. Feel a little sloppy.. I took my nefues 06 R6 for a ride. His brakes were so much better then mine. I'm going to try bleeding again in a few days. I did front and back.
There is defiantly some air still in your lines. Your brakes should feel very crisp feeling, nothing spongy at all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bleed the lines again starting with the longest one(left side), then
using a zip-tie or strong rubber band, zip or wrap it GENTLY around the brake lever & clip-on to open the brake system.
You DO NOT need to crank it hard!!! All you need is an open path for air to flow. Leave this sit overnight, or for 24 hours if possible.
The change in temperature will cause slight expansion/contraction of the fluid and will move the tiniest air bubbles up to the top and
out into the reservoir where they will do no harm.
Before you remove the rubber band / zip tie, take a small wrench/pencil/object and tap the lines starting from the caliper
all the way up to the reservoir.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks I will try this.. What do you mean when you say clip on?? "GENTLY around the brake lever & clip-on. Just to gently clamp on the brake lever?

Bleed the lines again starting with the longest one(left side), then
using a zip-tie or strong rubber band, zip or wrap it GENTLY around the brake lever & clip-on to open the brake system.
You DO NOT need to crank it hard!!! All you need is an open path for air to flow. Leave this sit overnight, or for 24 hours if possible.
The change in temperature will cause slight expansion/contraction of the fluid and will move the tiniest air bubbles up to the top and
out into the reservoir where they will do no harm.
Before you remove the rubber band / zip tie, take a small wrench/pencil/object and tap the lines starting from the caliper
all the way up to the reservoir.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you please take some pic's how you arranged the lines underneteath the fairing and there around the forks... I think mine are kidna logn :S

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Born again old thread! TA DA! LOL I just recieved my galfer SS lines today and plan on working on them this weekend, where can I find speed bleeders for an '03 600rr?

61 - 80 of 91 Posts