Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you scroll threw the post your bike thred youll some bikes are so shiny and glossy looking but when look at mine I dont see that. Im just curious on how to get that? any help?

·
Registered
665 Posts
MotoMike25 said:
Sorry Mick no more Honda polish try good ol' Pledge . . . . . you probably won't believe the outcome ! ! ! ! . . . .
Still can buy it in the State of Nevada. It's only banned from certain states.

Speaking of, I think I need to go polish my baby - she's gettin' dirty.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I use mothers 3 step but that mothers wax is soft so i throw a coat of Meguiars NXT wax on top of that bcause it's hard.. After that just Honda Polish (or whatever your favorite replacement is over that).

Also if your gonna wax it take your time i hate seeing bikes that have built up white wax in bolts and cracks...looks SO bad.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
One CLEAN rag to clean with and turn it often. Then use one to wipe the Honda polish off with and then another to polish. I use receiving blankets from the baby section. Wipe in back and forth motions instead of the "circular" motions. That limits the amount of "swirlies" in your paint. Well that and a clean rag. Did I say to use a clean rag?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I use eagle wax as u dry.... it works great and saves the headache of keep the wax away from plastic bits (which will leave ughly white residue that does not come off).

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I just washed mine today. Rims were never cleaned for over a year..so I hit them along with the chain.
Let it dry and then rolled it into the garage for Meguiar's wax.
Too exhausted from wiping off all the wax, but it is DAMN SMOOTH with the towel.
Thew the cover over it and will honda polish tomorrow.
AAHHHHHH, IT'S A LOT OF FREAKING WORK!
Screw it, I'm gonna go honda polish it now!:love10: SHINE!!!
I buy brand new polishing towels/rags by microfiber everytime I clean my bike, even though I could just go wash them at the laundry or sumthing.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Wipe in back and forth motions instead of the "circular" motions. That limits the amount of "swirlies" in your paint.
And then you will have lines instead. I know you don't think that the circular motion alone is what causes the swirl marks. You have to use something really delicate like a polish then hand glaze to get rid of all of the swirl marks. Another common mistake people make is applying too much pressure to the surface.

·
Registered
907 Posts
one word- microfiber.

no swirls.

·
Registered
116 Posts
that new turtle wax ICE doesnt leave any white residue on any of the trim or the little windscreen screws, works pretty good too

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey guys i just went up to the local honda dealer , and pick up some honda polish and it does say on the cans not 4 sale in CA, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA AND DC.. AND IN THE STATES OF CT, MA, ME NH, RI, VA AND VT.. IT SAYS SOME THING IN REGARDS TO VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUND RESTRICTIONS????
WEIRD

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just washed mine for the first time since it was knocked over at the movies 3 weeks ago. I use Maguiers on the painted surfaces accept the wheels. On my swing arm and pipe I use Mothers metal polish. I hate chrome but I do like the shine in the Jardine and my swingarm after it is done. And yes I use a diaper to wash,dry,wax application and removal. For the metal polish I use my old boot polishing rags that I have accumilated over the past 20 years.
After that I use Mothers quick wax to knock off any swirls.

N

·
0 Posts
apbt600rr said:
one word- microfiber.

no swirls.
Yes, I use that as well. I bought like 10 of these. Best towel every produced!!! Should have gotten product of the year...haha

You can use Plexus - the same as Honda Polish.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Microfiber towels are great but you have to be careful as they like to grab and hold onto small particulates like twigs or tiny sticks. Make sure you pick all that out before you use them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts