Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

121 - 140 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Here's some pics of my '07 with GP Shift. I used some thick aluminum wire to make a bracket to pull the hoses out of the way. The hoses didn't need much but this will ensure there are no clearance issues.
Good job Gr8rider! :01_thumbu Nice to know the 07's can still be converted with little trouble.

Anyone else invert it to the inside as well as reverse it like NewRedRider? any pics? for some reason i cant see the last picture in the how to. Maybe someone makes a shorter aftermarket arm or from another model bike?
Thx
I wouldn't reverse the U-joint because of the problems I posted in the thread above. The nut can wear through the U-joint and could cause the u-joint to fail. Missing a downshift coming hot into a corner could prove disastrous so I would not recommend reversing the u-joint.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've attacked this twice now on my 06.
There is no room. There are hoses on my bike that are not in any of the pics posted.

Ill just give up and buy rearsets

anyone think it is because of CA model? or did some CA guys pull it off on an 06?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can any one tell me if i can do that on my stock 04??

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can you put a pic on here so that i can look at it..

·
Registered
391 Posts
yours is the same as mine, all you have to do is take the front sprocket cover off and flip the part that goes on the trans. and then if you want to you can do like i did and notch the sprocket cover for the rod to fit and work good and put the cover back on and you can hardly tell that the cover is cut... looks and works great

·
Registered
130 Posts
yours is the same as mine, all you have to do is take the front sprocket cover off and flip the part that goes on the trans. and then if you want to you can do like i did and notch the sprocket cover for the rod to fit and work good and put the cover back on and you can hardly tell that the cover is cut... looks and works great
there is no room to switch the arm over.

there are the hoses in the way (in the pics) and they do NOT move.

and im not worried about it looking great and doing anything to the sprocket cover, its a race bike. but thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i got it to work on mine i just zip tied the hoses over

·
Registered
391 Posts
i'll put some pics on the afternoon..

·
Registered
523 Posts
someone please post a AFTER pic of this mod i look at my bike this weekend and was thinking about doing it but it looks like it would be rubbing hoses left and right.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
It doesn't hit any of my hoses, it touches my idle screw just a little when i shift but it can be moved..

·
Registered
130 Posts
yours doesn't have the same hose config that mine does. compare them closely.

look at the little brown hoses. min are attached to something under the fairing bracket, and those 2 hoses are very much in the way, as is the water hose.

our setup is not the same.

·
Registered
523 Posts
yours doesn't have the same hose config that mine does. compare them closely.

look at the little brown hoses. min are attached to something under the fairing bracket, and those 2 hoses are very much in the way, as is the water hose.

our setup is not the same.
im thinking the same i have a 04 cali bike and iunno if it will work there is pretty much no room cause there is hoses up the ying yang where the shift rod needs to go.

121 - 140 of 206 Posts