Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts
G

·
I thought I read on here that the 07 fender will fit on the 05-06 forks? Im in the process of buying a ton of parts for a makeover and I'm going with a CF front fender. The 07 fender looks a million times better but I want to make sure it will work. I tried to search it but I couldn't find the thread. Pm me if anyone knows. Thanks

G

·
I thought I read on here that the 07 fender will fit on the 05-06 forks? Im in the process of buying a ton of parts for a makeover and I'm going with a CF front fender. The 07 fender looks a million times better but I want to make sure it will work. I tried to search it but I couldn't find the thread. Pm me if anyone knows. Thanks
Can anyone help me out???

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey i replaced my forks like yours, but i have one problem, because the bike sits a lot higher than before, and now when it is on the kickstand it looks as if its about to tip over, any suggestions, i have an 05 rr and put on 06 rr forks so i thought itd be even more simple... but do i needa retune the suspension forks or ???

·
Registered
783 Posts
You must have assembled it incorrectly, or the forks you used are the incorrect ones.

Apart from the different colors, black vs gold and some minor internal changes, the forks are identical 05 thru 08 and the bike should sit at the exact same height. There is no way to change the ride height on the forks (and still have them operate correctly) other than sliding them up higher in the triple tree to lower the front end. This is limited to lowering 1-2 inches. Adjusting rebound settings etc will not affect ride height.

Your bike definitely shouldn't be looking like it's gonna tip over. I wouldn't ride it until I had the problem solved.

Are you sure the forks you used are off a 600rr? Are you sure you didn't use later model forks? Can you find a part number on them so we can cross reference it?

Where did you get the forks?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Love the swap want to do this for mine

:shakehand NOT REALLY MECHANICAL BUT LOVE THE GOLD AND BEING INVERTED IS BETTER. GET ALOT OF SWAY UNDER BREAKING WITH STOCK SHOCKS. HAVE NEW BRAKE SYSTEM TO INSTALL AND WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE OUT FORKS FIRST. THIS WAY EVERTHING NEW GOES ON AT SAME TIME EASIER FOR CONVERTING. THANKS FOR THE KNOW HOW BRO NICE JOB

·
Registered
275 Posts
Would doing this swap work with 07 forks? I've been searching around but can't find anything. I'm thinking I'll need the 07 spacers, but what else?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Forks are identical 05-06 and 07-08 apart from some minor internal tweaks and the colors.

Your stock spacers will work fine. There is no difference in ANY of the spacers. That claim is bogus. Read my other posts for clarification. The wheel and fork spacing is set by the distance between the bores on your triple. Being that you want to maintain the correct offset of your 03-04 wheel, you need to use the original spacers, unless you're going with a later model front wheel. Your stock axle will work too, despite being slightly different on one end.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I talked with another 600rr member who has done the mod, and he's telling me that I'll need to get an 07+ front wheel for this to work. Apparently the axle diameter for 2003 is 22mm, but for 2007+ it's 20mm.

So I would be stuck with 07+ forks with a 20mm bore size and I have the new 20mm axle as well, but my wheel is 22mm diameter so it would be too big.

Is there some sort of cylindrical spacer I can fit around the axle to allow it to sit flush with my 03 wheel?

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Yes they fit, but they are different. The 07+ fender has a cutout on top, but the mount points are the same.

Here is what I'm talking about...

The clip ons will work, but IIRC, the 07+ has a higher rise, so you may have clearance issues with the upper fairing.

I don't know if you're intending to install the 07+ forks as well, but if you do, you will also need the front wheel and spacers for an 07+, as the 05-06 will not work.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
05-06 brake line set

Hey guys,

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I was wondering if I were to buy a Spiegler 05-06 brakeline set (front and rear) would the rear line work with my 03 swingarm and brake caliper mount? So basically are the rear lines interchangeable from 03-06?

I am doing the 05 front end swap on my 03 600rr in case you were still wondering and would rather buy the discounted 05-06 set instead of buying 05 front and 03 rear :poke:

Thanks in advance.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Yes, they are completely interchangeable. Same lines.

Reactions: jacob92icu

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Also, what clip ons have you that have completed the swap using? Only if they are aftermarket, I dont care about the ones using the oem clips.

I do mostly street riding, and just cause of my ocd I would like to have no fitment issues what so ever.

Let me know!

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
I'm installing Driven clip ons in about a week. I'll let you know how they fit once I do.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Gotta blame the wife for that. No more bike parts until after Christmas so I don't ruin any gifts she has bought me.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts