Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is the write up I used...the directions that my two bro came with werent in color and werent good. Would have been lost with out this....Hardest part getting the stock pipe off the headers ... twistin it made it come off easy...I used a high heat sealant between the new slipon and the headers...it came with the kit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Will the write up you put up be okay to use on the 2006 cbr?

btw...your about to save me 3000-350 because im about to do this myself!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
great writeup... having some problems however

The 8mm bolt got stripped while trying to remove it behind the brake res. I was doing this at my storage place so I didnt have all my tools handy.

I was trying to seperate the stock exhaust from the headers but I think that bolt was giving some problems. Tried to rotate and pull to seperate them, but seems like there is not enough clearance to pull them apart. Something keeps hitting on the top. I was thinking of using tin snips to cut the heat shield and have everything free.

Anyone have pointers how to rotate it out? Would it matter that much to cut the heat shield where the res. is?

·
Registered
158 Posts
well seems like after cutting the heatshield from where the bolt was stripped, the exhaust came out in a wiggle or two. Just wish I could have done it in a garage rather than a storage facility. PITA when you dont have one friggin tool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hehe my after market exhaust comes tommorrow but using your write up i took it off tonight so tom. i can just throw it on and roll out haha thank you for this bud

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
plan on using this today (if my exhaust arrives today) looks like it should be cake.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah its a bitch seperating the 2 pipes

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Thanks for the write-up! First time taking the 09 apart and just installed a FMF slip. It's a sick pipe, but it's a bit on the "overly loud" side. Sounds close to my buddies full system'd Leo Vince R6. Tone is top notch though, very surprised.

·
Registered
603 Posts
anyone has a write up on how to install the leo vince slip on??

also...did u take out the insert??

if i already have intergrated tail...do i need to remove that?

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice write up.. im in the process of installing my pipe but cant seem to get the two larger allen bolts out of the brake unit.. there EXTRA tough lol.. any tips on what I can do to loosen em up ?
thanks

never mind.. had a dose of popeye spinach and sorted the b**ch out ! aaha

·
Registered
335 Posts
Your write-up is great, but I am having issues getting the new midpipe to slip on. The headers have some metallic insulation tape or something right where the midpipe would slip on and there is only about 1/8 inch above it for the pipe to slip on. I inspected closer and even under the metallic-ish tape the pipe seems to be flanged out a little. I had no problems, but I can't seem to get the pipe to slip on (ironic huh?) Any input? The sooner the better since I have the high heat sealant still on the pipe. Thanks in advance.

Details:
2008 CBR 600RR
Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. Slip-on

Pic of the whole system

3 Pics of different angles

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I had the same issue when I installed my Micron Slipon.

what you can do is to expand the bottom of the midpipe a bit, using a pair of pliers. you can do this by pulling them lightly at the bottom of the pipe, thats where the little notches help so you can expand the pipe just a little.

you'll have to work with it a little, and try to keep that round metallic insert in one piece if you can. Its also better if you have a buddy helping you with the install. It can be a hassle putting it on since there are a few parts involved. Good luck.

Your write-up is great, but I am having issues getting the new midpipe to slip on. The headers have some metallic insulation tape or something right where the midpipe would slip on and there is only about 1/8 inch above it for the pipe to slip on. I inspected closer and even under the metallic-ish tape the pipe seems to be flanged out a little. I had no problems, but I can't seem to get the pipe to slip on (ironic huh?) Any input? The sooner the better since I have the high heat sealant still on the pipe. Thanks in advance.

Details:
2008 CBR 600RR
Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. Slip-on

Pic of the whole system

3 Pics of different angles

·
Registered
145 Posts
I dont even remember seeing that metalic strip when I did mine...It pretty much slipped right over....Does the mid pipe and the stock pipe have the same size pipe or is one bigger....hmmm

61 - 80 of 101 Posts