Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I was going to do a write up on the step by step process on how to install helibars but got a little ambitious and decided to make it a video instead. I hope you all enjoy and I hope this all helps you out.

Installation difficulty: 2/10
Installation time: 2-4 hours (took me 3)

Overall I think the installation went very smooth, the only thing I would have done differently is paid close attention to how the stock handlebars were set up prior to the removal (I should have taken tons of photos of how they were sitting). When I was checking the clearance of the helibars I was having all kinds of difficulty. It would of helped out tremendously if I had some better reference photos of how my front brake setup since that kept hitting the wind shield.

I hope this helps, and this video should be somewhat applicable to any kind of handlebar installation, not just helibars. Just remember with bigger handlebars requires longer lines.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Awesome install and review videos!.... Now am really thinking about getting these...just wondering how they affect the casual trackday.. I bet they are awesome for whooooolies though!... ?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome install and review videos!.... Now am really thinking about getting these...just wondering how they affect the casual trackday.. I bet they are awesome for whooooolies though!... ?
Thanks! They are the Tracstar helibars, according to the company they are perfectly fine for track days. Are they as good as stock for track? I'd say probably not, but I'd imagine it's not by much. I actually prefer the way they handle now more though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts