Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv just recived my new fairings from motofans, in the box it says to get something to protect the lowers from the heat, or they will melt

anybody have problems with them melting, if so, what do you use to protect,:ciao:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock doesnot, iv read on here people have had them melt, i plan on goin without any protection, just wondering if anybody will comment with personal experience.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My lowers started to melt a bit, they got a couple spots where it seems the headers have been melting them. luckily its not too bad yet. they dont have any protection on tehm. I would definately put some heat shield on yours

·
Registered
448 Posts
use the hvac type. its the type that looks like a shiny rool of crap. its is a bit much when talking about type. But its made to hold stuff together that gets hot. Duct-type melts were this stuff holds perfect. i think it should do the job.

·
Banned
280 Posts
you will only benifit from wrapping that section of exhaust anyways.... think about it... it runs good even with the header being right on the oil pan .... now with my experiance with cages .... that can cause the oil to "overheat" which then breaks the oil down prematurely.... you can get some heat wrap and help guard against this and at the same time protect your new lowers from the heat ..

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you pick up some heat wrap for the headers let me know Suds, cause I am going to want to get some too for mine.

I am a HVAC mechanic and I have crates of the foil tape we use in the trade. crates.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, i just used foil tape, like put it on thick lol, rode a lil bit today, well c how it holds up after a few weeks!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Hey man, I wrapped mine up. Like I said in my message I went down to autozone and bought 15ft of heat shield... You peel it and stick it on. I did a couple of layers on the right side of the bike as thats where the exhaust is more prominent. Just wanted to be safe, however, the lowers don't seem to be touching (they were on my old fairings and they lowers were melted to the exhaust)... You should be fine, I just did it because I was paranoid..

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im hoping it will be ok, il just keep an eye on it for a bit, if i notice anything, il change up what i have done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts