Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What do you think of this idea (LED turn light)???

• great

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • sucks

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I just want to share on how to make easy custom looking rear LED turn lights that goes on the rear foot rest. It cost me very cheap ($28 bucks of ebay item #4627680365 for the turn lights), I was amazed the different look it gave my bike after replacing them huge ugly stock turn lights, these are small but damn they are bright.With th new look i've received so many compliments people asking where I bought them and I tell them I made it myself (homemade), lol.
First take your rear plastic off then remove the foot rests. Place the turn light on the back of the foot rest and mark your wholes where you want to drill them. After installing the light take the wires and hide them behind that foot rest, there is room for it and seal the wires for a secure fit with hot glue gun (heat up the foot rest before you start to glue it,with heater gun for batter seal). Then place the foot rest back to its place connect the 2 wires. GREEN wire I think was the negative (make sure you know what you are doing when messing with the wires so you don't blow the fuse) for safety disconnect the battery. Secure all the loose extra wires, also from your right side foot rest turn light, I ran that wire under the seat since all your wires are on the left side. They will flash a little faster because of the relay when you are done. At first it might freeze the light but once you start up your bike and let your turn light on for few seconds it will start flashing.
Now you can enjoy your lights and you can thank me later. Here are some pics on how I did it. The coolest thing about them is that they are so small you can't even see that they are there until you turn your signal on, and man its bright. good luck.

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Not feeling it there brother. Just my opinion though. Its your bike, if you want to put tassles and a big orange flag on the sidearm I'm for it if it makes you happy.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baby Face
its just an idea you dont have to do it lol, im sure there are people that will like it.

C

·
0 Posts
toly's RR said:
Baby Face
its just an idea you dont have to do it lol, im sure there are people that will like it.

I know. But you asked for opinions and thats what I gave : ).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Goelz313 said:
you want sweet looking LED pegs, talk to Tripage!
I agree on the tripage LED's, much cleaner looking. But great job on your home made signals.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes they are, ofcourse i agree with that, but look how much they cost $$$$ sure if you willing to spend some cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts