Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there! I bought a bike with the same conversion but my handlebar grips are coming too close to the fairing when I'm turning. Anyone with ideas how to solve this issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,045 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Damn it. I wish I had seen this post before I bought my fairings...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I was always found of the 2003-2006 honda cbr600rr because of the fairings, it covered up most of engine. I know some will disagree but to each their own. im a big fan of the 2013 to 2016 models because of that. and i just like the headlights.

So I was on a quest to turn my 2008 model into a 2013- 2016 model
there were no clear threads and it was a PITA for me to figure everything out myself but hopefully my thread will solve that.

First off I found and bought this in hopes it would solve my problems.

Aftermarket Fairings For CBR600RR 2007-2012 conversion kit to CBR600RR 2013-2016 Repsol, Black and White, Red ABS Kits - HONDA FAIRINGS - PAINTED FAIRINGS

DO NOT BUY THIS. these fairings arent "specially made" to fit your 2007-2012 bike. They are literally just 2013-2016 Chinese fairings. If i knew that i wouldve just bought regular chinese fairings. only thing they provide that you really need is the headlights. They give you this **** pvc plastic sad excuse as an air induct. fitmet was bad to the say the least. (what can you expect from chinese fairings)

Things you need

Air duct intake, Part 1 2014 Honda CBR600RR 2A UPPER COWL | Ron Ayers

Headlights, you can find these on ebay

2013-2016 Fairings, you can also find these on ebay

The rear fender tray, Part 9, you dont necessarily need this part, as i just bought a 2013+ tail light and stuffed under the rear seat cowl but it would make things look cleaner id imagine.
2014 Honda CBR600RR 2A SEAT COWL | Ron Ayers

2013- 2016 integrated tail light, again you dont necessarily need this part, your original tail light will fit under the rear seat cowl but not flush, it will look weird. you can find on ebay or whichever retailer sells.

You can use the same flush mount turn signals on the sides, will fit fine.

The Bank Angle Sensor above the headlights will be held in the same place, except with nuts and not screws.

you will be reusing all your rubber nuts and bolts

I recently just finished and will be posting pics soon. it looks half decent considering all the adversity i went through.
Hi Sunny, I just crashed my CBR2011, and I am the same man I love the 2013 look. Was there much stuffing around with the bike mounts to get the fairing to fit? Also can you recommend a good fairings company? Thanks man

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have done it last year succesfully

Basically you will need 2013 ram air and headlamp
Tail will clash with exhaust, I trimmed fairing a little and added metal foil for some heat protection
Rest of mounting points are fitting well

As for fairing I have purchased in Aliexpress to YAKUKIM Fairing Store, very nice guys and cost me 275€

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done it last year succesfully

Basically you will need 2013 ram air and headlamp
Tail will clash with exhaust, I trimmed fairing a little and added metal foil for some heat protection
Rest of mounting points are fitting well

As for fairing I have purchased in Aliexpress to YAKUKIM Fairing Store, very nice guys and cost me 275€
Awesome thanks mate, I'll check them out

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I was always found of the 2003-2006 honda cbr600rr because of the fairings, it covered up most of engine. I know some will disagree but to each their own. im a big fan of the 2013 to 2016 models because of that. and i just like the headlights.

So I was on a quest to turn my 2008 model into a 2013- 2016 model
there were no clear threads and it was a PITA for me to figure everything out myself but hopefully my thread will solve that.

First off I found and bought this in hopes it would solve my problems.

Aftermarket Fairings For CBR600RR 2007-2012 conversion kit to CBR600RR 2013-2016 Repsol, Black and White, Red ABS Kits - HONDA FAIRINGS - PAINTED FAIRINGS

DO NOT BUY THIS. these fairings arent "specially made" to fit your 2007-2012 bike. They are literally just 2013-2016 Chinese fairings. If i knew that i wouldve just bought regular chinese fairings. only thing they provide that you really need is the headlights. They give you this **** pvc plastic sad excuse as an air induct. fitmet was bad to the say the least. (what can you expect from chinese fairings)

Things you need

Air duct intake, Part 1 2014 Honda CBR600RR 2A UPPER COWL | Ron Ayers

Headlights, you can find these on ebay

2013-2016 Fairings, you can also find these on ebay

The rear fender tray, Part 9, you dont necessarily need this part, as i just bought a 2013+ tail light and stuffed under the rear seat cowl but it would make things look cleaner id imagine.
2014 Honda CBR600RR 2A SEAT COWL | Ron Ayers

2013- 2016 integrated tail light, again you dont necessarily need this part, your original tail light will fit under the rear seat cowl but not flush, it will look weird. you can find on ebay or whichever retailer sells.

You can use the same flush mount turn signals on the sides, will fit fine.

The Bank Angle Sensor above the headlights will be held in the same place, except with nuts and not screws.

you will be reusing all your rubber nuts and bolts

I recently just finished and will be posting pics soon. it looks half decent considering all the adversity i went through.
I am looking to buy a used two brothers slip on that came off a 2013 cbr600rr. I have an 07. What's the difference when putting it on? Am I going to have any issues mounting? Is it longer or different shape? Don't want to order if it's not going to work.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts