Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left foot down, in the middle of two SUVs at a red light. Light turns green and I start to go just like the other million times before. I let out the clutch with not enough gas and it starts to sputter so I give it more and more gas. I made it a couple feet and its still gonna stall so I pull in the clutch. Well, since I was still trying to beat the SUVs (get out of danger) I let the clutch out a little early (before closing the throttle enough) and the next thing I know, I am looking at my triple-tree and hitting rear brake. The good news is that I went up and down extremely smoothly and I didn't hit the SUVs. Everyone probably thought I was trying to be super-cool-squid-kid... if only I was trying.
:supergay:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Might want to work on your throttle/clutch ratio a bit more. That shouldn't be happening at all if you got good control. Glad to hear nothing bad happened though.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Nitro
Practice , practice and more practice the worst sitaution
in a predicment like that God forbid is to get ass packed from behind
cause the cager behind you is not paying attention and thought
you were moving be careful out there

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
What helps me is I think about what I am going to do (clutch in, click down, read the traffic for people not paying attention, ect.) when the the other side gets the yellow light. That way, I'm not caught by surprise. Try that and like all others said, practice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts