Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple things I picked up as a courier, (besides the utter disregard of traffic signs and laws) is some fun/easy parking manuvers that maybe everyone knows but oh well.

1st and easiest park on the sidewalk, most people know this already, but strange fact is you are more likely to get a ticket for going one minute over on a meter on the street than just pulling up onto the sidewalk, meter maids must not like walking that far.

The next two are for parking on the street inbetween two cars, without wasting time or slowing traffic down by backing into the spot. Or wasting time and effort backing out of the spot, with practice you can do either maneuver in a second or two, look cool and be about your way faster.

2nd. My favorite fast parking maneuver. if there is enough room for the bike to fit parallel to the curb between two cars, pull straight into the spot, resting the front tire against the curb, lock the bars to the left as per usual, hop off and go about your business. When you are ready to leave stand on the left side grab the right handlebar and the right passenger foot peg, Pull the bike towards you until it is balanced on the kickstand, pivot the whole bike 180 until it is facing the street again hop on ride away.

3rd. Coolest looking yet least practical for repeated use, requires some skill. Pull straight into the spot like the pivot maneuver, in order to leave hop on the bike start her up and push away from the curb by a foot or two. Burn out and whip the tail around quick fast. If done right you look good, you make no smoke and there is little sound other than your reving engine. To burn out look up some stunt info I'm sure you'll find something but basically hold the handbrake go into first stand up off the bike rev the engine and let go of the clutch once you loose traction lean to the side and the bike will whip around.

Don't like this method because its hard on tires andfor all the cool points you get, you loose them all and some once you lean to far and drop the bike, or take too long to whip it around leaving you looking incompetent and with a ticket.

that is my late night contribution, though it may not be much I hope to see less people backing into spots, mainly because I've almost been hit a few times as I back into spots by cagers that aren't paying attention and see no reverse light. Faster in and faster out, is better and safer in my opinion.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
thanks for the advice. i'm not quite sure i wanna show off and do a spinning burnout tho... seems kinda expensive on the tires.

now parking on the sidewalk, that's a better idea than parking in the no-parking zones or ||||||| white lines next to handicap spaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts