181 - 200 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

·
Registered
710 Posts
Honda part number 17370-419-700 $2.50 at your local Honda dealer. It is the part that the 125 Honda RoadRacer uses in lieu of a reservoir. Just save your old reservoir for when you need to bleed the brakes. Simple and cheap. It is what we use on our 3 RRs. Tdub

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Just a heads up.. The tube in the HRC kit sweats.
I was browsing this thread since I purchased the parts to the delete kit.
A friend of mine told me the HRC hose sweats also.
Any word on this? Somewhat disconcerting to hear since I'm not sweating now. Waiting on some stainless rear lines and new pads before doing this mod.
Someone please give me some good news.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
I was browsing this thread since I purchased the parts to the delete kit.
A friend of mine told me the HRC hose sweats also.
Any word on this? Somewhat disconcerting to hear since I'm not sweating now. Waiting on some stainless rear lines and new pads before doing this mod.
Someone please give me some good news.
The HRC will sweat sometimes, but very little and it's not anything to worry about. If it's good enough for HRC it's good enough for us.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The RC-51 part is just too wide for 5/16" inner diameter tubing. 1/4" would be a little bit smaller, right? Even less chance of that fitting. I'll try again today but it doesn't seem like it'll work.
I used the RC51 connector and it was a bitch to get the HRC tygon tube over it, but I did. I wasn't able to get the tubing all the way down to the bottom of the connector, but only halfway. It is far enough though. It makes for a better seal IMO compared to the stock connector. The stock connector slid into the tubing too easily and seemed loose and prone to leak.
If I had to do over I would try the '07 1000rr connector for shits and giggles. I would also reccomend heating the tubing with a hair dryer and inserting the RC51 connector into the tubing before you mount it on the bike.
A zip-tie around the bottom for an extra good seal and done.
Pics to follow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Was interested in something like this. Just ordered the tube and will be doing this when the weather warms up. Thanks to the OP for this!!

181 - 200 of 293 Posts