Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Guys, two quick questions as I prepare my approach for installation of the gauge cluster (with Brownbuck's gear indicator).

1) I assume after programming, the unit retains its programming after the battery is removed?

2) Is there any way to access the programming button once the cluster and upper is installed (I didn't pay attention before disassembly).

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
MAx... yes teh program is retained

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
there is no led for the needle.
yea i found that out yesterday after some serious searching, i gotta find some of the red transparent to get it done, i'm not gonna do it until i obtain that & await the answer to the question i asked :five:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Can someone please advise me of the part numbers for the three screws as above in the photos as I have lost one, I mean the ones that connect the clocks to the meter panel.
Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have found now that I have taken off the front of my bike again to screw the clocks on properly that I don't have the place to screw in the 3rd screw to the meter panel and the trumpet parts are also missing but I am not sure what to do.
Can someone please advise me?
Cheers, Paul

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
what actually are you missing ?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Moeman, I am missing the place to screw the 3rd screw into and the trumpet looking parts to the meter panel.
I am also having a nightmare putting things back on. I took off the side fairing, top part only and the front fairing, headlights and meter panel and now the two screws for the screen won't go back in, they just spin and the nose doesn't line up properly but I don't know why?
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7651/p1010147cv1.jpg
Any help would be great. Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alright, well, let me start by saying that Browning Buck is of outstanding character, and his MOTY is definitely one of the sweetest...

The least i owe him is a write-up on how to remove the dash on the 07-08.l

Start by removing the middle screws for the windscreen and pulling the mirrors off:

Then pull the 2 screws on the backside of the upper, as well as the 2 screws that attach the upper stay to the ram-air tube:

Now its time to remove the upper fairing, you will have to be careful when separating it from the side fairings.

Now remove the four 8mm bolts holding the upper fairing stay to the ram-air tube, as well as the screws holding the upper part of the lights on it:

i got everything apart ok! but when putting it back together i think i overtightened the bottom 2 8mm bolts (out of the 4) and i cant get them out. the metal hole that is connected to the stay turns with the bolt when i try to loosen it! ahhhh! did i strip it? or how can i get them out??

·
BOTM Winner 01/12
614 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to say thank you for this DIY. It was really helpful. I came into a problem though, even though you warned us, I broke one of the tabs from the cowl upper, will it be a problem?

Will it cause a problem at speed, would my plastics not align properly? Is there anything I can do about it? I can't find the broken piece either. Am I just thinking too much into it and things will be fine? Thanks again for all the help and this guide!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mines broke off, and from what Ive read on here through many searches it has happened to just about everyone. Some peoples still line up right and you cant tell, others not so much. Mine personally was fine for about a year, and now it doesnt align as well. Still cant notice unless you know its there. I wouldnt worry too much.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts