Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so their is a bike i am interested in. the dude sellin it says it has no title and he bought it with no title. its out of state so how can i check it to make sure its not stolen or have like any liens on it? i dont care bout gettin a title cause i wanna use it for a track whore but i dont want somthin that was stolen.

·
Registered
332 Posts
"He who takes from the thief gets burned"- My B-law professor. Make sure everything is fully legit man or you will get screwed. Grill the guy about where/from whom/how/why he bought it constantly. Any slip-ups and move along. Carfax is a good thing, but call up your friendly neighborhood police station and give them the VIN number.

·
Registered
857 Posts
no title and he bought it with no title.................prob. cash only. why would you even want to mess with that?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i would stay away from bikes with no titles, smells like bikenapped to me.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Stolen bikes don't have titles. Totaled or salvaged bikes have salvage titles. There's no explanation someone could give me for a missing title that I wouldn't be extremely cautious of. It sounds like there's a strong chance its stolen. The only way to make it not worth while to steal bikes is if no one is willing to buy them. Walk away.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I live in Nevada... I believe that you can buy a bike in Nevada without title... My sales guy told me he had racers that came in bought and didn't title their 07's because they were going to be race/track bikes only... The bigger problem is that YOU cannot register the bike without a title... why go through THAT mess if you don't have to... if the bike is for the street that is...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts