Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some riders yesterday and they strap their passengers helmet onto the seat cowl... I was wondering how to do that. This may be a stupid question but i coudln't really find a answer on the search topic. Thanks! oh i have a 04 cbr 600rr.

·
Registered
60 Posts
there's not a D ring clip under the seat of the RR like a lot of other bikes where you can attach the helmet by itself, but in your tool kit there is a wire that you put thru your D ring on your helmet and then attach it to a metal clip under the seat and that will work, but check out this thread they had some other ideas- http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=127670&highlight=carry+helmet

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
using the d clip/ring

pillion seat closed locking it in

or using a cable you attach yourself to also then enable you to lock a bag, jacket etc

·
Registered
154 Posts
The chin strap on my SHOEI is too short to hook up under the seat.

I just strap the helmet through the strap ON TOP of the rear seat and hang the helmet off the side. This is the easiest way I have found, no straps, locks, keyes, etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do you find the rear set difficult to remove when you use just the D-ring and clip? I tried that on my 04 and thought I was going to break the key trying to get the seat unlocked.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The chin strap on my SHOEI is too short to hook up under the seat.

I just strap the helmet through the strap ON TOP of the rear seat and hang the helmet off the side. This is the easiest way I have found, no straps, locks, keyes, etc.
no straps, no locks, no keys, = no helmet..... stupid post :rolleyes:

Do you find the rear set difficult to remove when you use just the D-ring and clip? I tried that on my 04 and thought I was going to break the key trying to get the seat unlocked.
unless ur strap is really short it shouldn't be that tight. make sure ur not strapping the cushion part of ur chin strap in there also. that will take up more room causing more pressure on the seat, making it hard to open.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^^ either way, that helmet is gone in 2 seconds with a pair of scissors.
$50 bucks says you cant cutt the cable with scissors.. and i will even allow the industrial kitchen scissors for that task.. Same goes with the knife comment. Or maybe im living in the "right" neighbourhood...

Bolt cutters, chain cutters yeah of course but its called a "deterrant" having it locked. not unbreakable..!! same goes with cutting the straps, but what idiot want a helmet with crap sewing on the straps??

Geez :bootyshak

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think thyre refering to me quoating the one who stated that he just straps his lid to the leather strap on the rear seat. He said its easy since there's no lock no keys ECT... That's stupid because ur basically giving away a free helmet. If u at least hook the D ring under the rear seat there's some security. If they happen to cut it then take it. Ull have a helmet that flys off instantly on a crash though. That's y insurance companies cut ur strap in an accident. Some idiots around my area still wear it though.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It may be easy to steal...

..but, when I was single, a cheap extra helmet came in quite handy. Hook it on the d ring and go:wave:

·
Registered
658 Posts
when i use the cable, theres just way to much slack in it..not quite sure how to fix that either, damn having a second person on the bike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
when i use the cable, theres just way to much slack in it..not quite sure how to fix that either, damn having a second person on the bike.
I was thinking that I would have the same issue. I'm thinking I'll just use some rope to figure out how long it needs to be then get a cable that's cut to a specific length. I believe someone mentioned that you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was thinking that I would have the same issue. I'm thinking I'll just use some rope to figure out how long it needs to be then get a cable that's cut to a specific length. I believe someone mentioned that you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot.
couldn't u just buy a shorter heavy gauge wire from there ALSo? I think u can have them tie it or install the hardware to look the same as the oeM one. Get it cut to length.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I mentioned in another thread that you can get that done at a hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot. If someone is not near a place like that here is a link below with what you need to order. Just choose your length and color...yes they have HONDA RED!' The OEM one is a total of 10 inches long and is a thin ass cable, a guy could stand to buy a thicker one, the cable ties are at each end forming loops and the metal tie is at 3 1/4 in from each end. This place below starts with a 3ft cable, so I'd call for a custom order. Or look for another website, but this gives you an idea. Also, the OEM one has a sheath over it to protect your plastics from the metal rope and ties. The rope in the link is protected but the ties aren't. You can slip a piece of rubber hose over it, that's all the OEM has over it anyway. The OEM one is crappy and doesn't even have plastic coating on the metal rope. You can make a better one.

http://www.webriggingsupply.com/pages/catalog/wirerope_cable/wirerope-security-cables.html

OR cheaper and more simple...everything is rubberized as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FL4YGK/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
you can wrap the cable about under the seat and tighten it all up that way, as in my pic above..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts