Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everytime I do a search, I always get tons of irrelevent posts, I did a search for it, didnt come up with much. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
Remove all bolts. Stand behind the bike and grab underneath about where the tie-down hooks are and spread the fairing outwards. As you you are spreading it, work the tail back towards you. You may find it easier to lift and roll one side over - I tend to roll it over to the right. Don't forget to unplug the brake light. Don't be afraid of breaking the plastic, it has lots of flex.

L

·
0 Posts
you will need:

6oz of nair hair remover
1 full tube of icy hot
1 baseball bat

1) apply the nair to your nuts and let sit for 20min
2) then apply the full tube of icy hot to your nuts
3) finally, use the baseball bat to beat the **** out of the tail piece as your nuts feel like they are being engulfed in flames

·
Registered
157 Posts
RR said:
Remove all bolts. Stand behind the bike and grab underneath about where the tie-down hooks are and spread the fairing outwards. As you you are spreading it, work the tail back towards you. You may find it easier to lift and roll one side over - I tend to roll it over to the right. Don't forget to unplug the brake light. Don't be afraid of breaking the plastic, it has lots of flex.
Thats pretty much how i do it.
There are 6 bolts. 2 under each seat and 1 on each side. Make sure you know what bolts go where in the. They are all different sizes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Its not that hard. Take off all the hardware and spread the side pieces out enough to slide it off the frame! The plastic if flexible. Don't worry about spreading it out far enough to take it off. Feels like your about to break something >> but it won't break.

·
Registered
249 Posts
+1 to that

·
Registered
18 Posts
well i just did the pull and hope it doesnt break, worked fine. did feel like it was going to break, but Honda built it so it takes a lot to actually break it i guess. any one have a suggestion about putting it back on?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Stand behind the bike.

Hold the cowl by the humps on the side, wraping your fingers around the bottom.

Bend out gently at the bottom and slide it over the subfram being careful not to pinch the tail light wires.

Align all four bolt holes and snap the front rubber strips into place.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Stand behind the bike.

Hold the cowl by the humps on the side, wraping your fingers around the bottom.

Bend out gently at the bottom and slide it over the subfram being careful not to pinch the tail light wires.

Align all four bolt holes and snap the front rubber strips into place.
This girl I ride with lost like 15 bucks inside her rear cowl on her Ninja. It got sucked through these tiny holes in her passenger seat compartment while she was riding. I'm thinking if I could get the seat off...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts