Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here's a video I made for blacking out (polarizing) the LCD display. It was the first time I had the dash unit apart, so some steps of the process didn't go as smoothly as I would have wanted, but I think the video turned out pretty well none the less. Anyway, hope the video helps you out if you're thinking of doing this mod.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the positive responses guys. I was thinking of changing the white LEDs on the tachometer to red, because the white is a little too bright and it's distracting. If there's enough interest, I can do another video for PROPERLY desoldering and soldering new LEDs onto the board. Let me know if that's something you would like to see.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Thanks for all the positive responses guys. I was thinking of changing the white LEDs on the tachometer to red, because the white is a little too bright and it's distracting. If there's enough interest, I can do another video for PROPERLY desoldering and soldering new LEDs onto the board. Let me know if that's something you would like to see.
AGAIN, why are you asking!!!:cursin:

please do, i;m thinking of doing this but im scared to F*ck things up!

thanks for the video btw!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, ok, ok. The LED video might take 2-4 weeks though. I just ordered a new soldering station online and stuff usually takes a while to ship to Canada.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm planning on making videos for most of my mods. The ones that are more complicated than just bolting something on anyway, so stay tuned. So far I have about $3k worth of mods I want to put on the bike... dammit, I'm going to go broke, lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you still going to be putting up the LED swap video?
Also do you know the LED part number or where I could find them on ebay, I did an LED swap on a XB12R dash before but never a CBR so i'm just unsure ,

EDIT: The black out video is also extremely helpful!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, sorry I've been kind of lagging with the LED video. I've just been really busy and haven't gotten around to swapping out the LEDs again yet. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend.

I ordered my LEDs from http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2, but you can get them from ebay as well, just make sure they have the PLCC-2 footprint, otherwise they wont line up with the contact pads properly.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts