Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever get so into cleaning its dark before you realize it? Maybe its just me.

I get dressed and ready for my ride, went to wipe off the bike and finished that. The windscreen had a few little scratchs so I wanted to polish that up real quick. Then I remembered I wanted to take all the stickers off the swingarm. So I got my supplies and did that. While I was down there I noticed the rim was quite dirty, so I got my stuff to clean those and finished that. Then I had to clean off the calipers because they were looking kinda dusty compared to the newly shiny wheels. While I was back there doing that I noticed my muffler was quite dirty also, so out come more supplies and got that all polished up. Next thing I know I was wondering where the hell did the sun go!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i know exactly what you mean bro. happens to me too.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I clean mine after every ride basically. People always say something about me spending to much time cleaning my bike. I like cleaning it so much when I'm done with mine I clean my nephews too when he's not around. I can go through a can of Honda polish in a few weeks. I'm not going to go into detail on how I clean in it there is a limit on characters I can type.

·
Registered
613 Posts
hahahaha, yeh me too. If I've been riding in the rain I clean it as soon as I get home, even if it's dark. Much easier to get that crap off before it sticks. Having polished rims means I've got to keep on top of it, otherwise they corrode.

Neighbours were loving me last night when I starting washing it at 8.30 pm, let her run for five or ten minutes so she'd dry out, then cranked up the air compressor at 9.30 to blow out moisture that I'd ride out if it wasn't raining.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I normally wash my cars/bikes after midnight when I'm bored and my cars is about 10x louder than my bike with a Arata full system. My neighbors don't mind the noise but they wonder why I'm out so late washing my car/bike. I don't normally crank the leaf blower up that late to dry it off.
buck_y_lee said:
hahahaha, yeh me too. If I've been riding in the rain I clean it as soon as I get home, even if it's dark. Much easier to get that crap off before it sticks. Having polished rims means I've got to keep on top of it, otherwise they corrode.

Neighbours were loving me last night when I starting washing it at 8.30 pm, let her run for five or ten minutes so she'd dry out, then cranked up the air compressor at 9.30 to blow out moisture that I'd ride out if it wasn't raining.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
done the same thing, in fact I need to wash the bike this weekend.

·
Registered
813 Posts
pantablo said:
just you. I dont even clean the bike. ride it hard, put it away. wipe the bugs off when I need to...
+1 ....which reminds me, it's about that time for me to wash my bike again, haven't done it since December...lol. It doesn't have to be perfectly clean imho....it's not like i'm one of those "i only ride to starbucks to show off" guys, o well.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i wash it almost weekly with soap and water. and dry it off with a leaf blower. and i probably wax it every 3 weeks or so. its something to keep me busy. i sit at work from 9am-7pm everyday and people pass by and drool! =D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Dry it off with a leaf blower???

I clean it after every ride. Not because I'm trying to be showy, but because I want it to stay like new. I purchased a used 2004 and it looks better now than when I bought it. Once you do a thorough cleaning it's easy to maintain it after each ride. And a cover is a must.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
. . . .

jjh600RR said:
Dry it off with a leaf blower???

I clean it after every ride. Not because I'm trying to be showy, but because I want it to stay like new. I purchased a used 2004 and it looks better now than when I bought it. Once you do a thorough cleaning it's easy to maintain it after each ride. And a cover is a must.

I agree it does make things much easier if you do it often enough . . . . .

·
Registered
222 Posts
i clean mine all the time, and i start just with washing it then i leaf blower then it I end up using my stockpiled stash of honda polish until the fumes cause me to pass out, then i wake up and finish!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use soap and water only occassionally. In between I use the Plexus spray on cleaner/polish to keep it looking real nice. I have a micro fiber cloth I use with the Plexus and it does an amazing job at cleaning.

I heard on here that the Honda Polish may be unavailable soon. So, I spoke with a buddy of mine who owns a Yamaha dealership... he said they use Plexus exclusively on their show room.

I sure love it!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
A few times a year I'll disassemble the bike down pretty far to get to the areas that are tough to reach with a weekly cleaning. I detail my bike so often and to such an obsessive degree of compulsion it's almost difficult for anyone to find a dirty spot, anywhere.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts