·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're pretty sweet...definitely a nice change for them

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
That one reply states that it's probably at the crank and I would have to agree that those numbers are more believeable as crank not rear wheel HP #'s. What I want to see is the whole graph. The 05 R6 put's out more peak power, but low and mid range suck and the 05 600RR is definitely more linear and even faster in the 1/4 mile tests. Peak power is only one measure of performance, don't get too caught up in the numbers

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am not one to get caught up in numbers...i just figured i'd share...

just to show #'s aren't everything my bike dyno'd at 102whp and my buddy's 04 R6 dyno'd at 114whp...everytime we race i pretty much stick him..although once we start hitting faster speeds 90+ he starts to walk away..but not all that fast

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
HP is calculated using RPM, The higher RPM's will lead to higher HP numbers.

HP = (Torque x RPM)/5252

·
Registered
211 Posts
WherzRoony said:
HP is calculated using RPM, The higher RPM's will lead to higher HP numbers.

HP = (Torque x RPM)/5252
This is true. But if one bike had a very peaky hp graph and another bike, with the same rated hp, had a more broad hp peak, the second bike would be faster even if both bikes peak at the same horsepower. What really matters when comparing bikes is the amount of area under the horsepower line on the graph. The more area the longer the bike can sustain peak hp output.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got the new Cycle World today in the mail. They have the first look at the 06's. I was surprised to see that the 06 R6 has an MSRP of something close to 10 grand. These things are getting to be as expensive as liter bikes. Im still undecided on that short exhaust also.

Dusty

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yea man those are crank #s, it's gotta be. i'd like to see any company put out an improved 12 to 13 horsepower over 1 year's work without adding double the pricetag.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ImhurdlerJr said:
I got the new Cycle World today in the mail. They have the first look at the 06's. I was surprised to see that the 06 R6 has an MSRP of something close to 10 grand. These things are getting to be as expensive as liter bikes. Im still undecided on that short exhaust also.

Dusty
Yeah but you do get a slipper clutch, high and low speed adj on the suspension and a couple other goodies. Once you add the extras it's not that bad a price. If I were in the market this year I would definitely be leaning towards the new R6

·
Registered
645 Posts
i think thats crank numbers. like said before, no way they would increase that much and not jack up the price tag. i bet when someone dyno's theres it wont even be close to that!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all of the mag's get ringers and these bikes might the ones that the mags get...if they were whp #'s...just like how the mag's get RR's that put down 107-108whp stock...when many of the guys on the site here..myself included put down 100-102whp w/a slip-on

·
Registered
460 Posts
whtdvl said:
all of the mag's get ringers and these bikes might the ones that the mags get...if they were whp #'s...just like how the mag's get RR's that put down 107-108whp stock...when many of the guys on the site here..myself included put down 100-102whp w/a slip-on
Just telling you what I've heard from a couple of Yamaha guys. They advertise around 140 hp, which is why I called them, because thats flatout unreal. They explained that the new R6 has the wheel hp as last years advertised crank hp. That hp happens to be in the 118-122 range.

I just don't see why everyone is so quick to not believe 120 hp. The thing redlines at 17,500, I'm not too shocked. Honda has to catch up, its that simple. I think they will, in 2007, maybe.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm not saying it isn't possible...heck i'd be happy if it makes that type of whp...that would be awesome..which is what i said in my first post..i think its awesome if you can get a true 600cc bike from the factory putting down that type of power...it'll be even sweeter when honda makes something like it happen..the it'll be just as fast and super reliable.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just looked at the 2006 600gxr thanks to this thread....I do have to say its pretty sweet...I think I'm falling in love with that shorty pipe.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That R6 is super ugly! I'm sorry but that bike doesn't look right at any angle. The GSXR-600 Is pretty clean except for the tail section. Does anyone know what I'm talkin about?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts