Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Honda was able to hoist their 17th World Championship Constructors Title, one more than MV Agusta, and wrestling it away from Yamaha, HRC Managing Director, Satoru Horiike, stated that Honda's next focus was giving Nicky Hayden his first world title this season. "We are proud of our victory, particularly as we took it at home. Now, the individiual rider title is our number one priority," said Horiike.

As many of us Hayden fans have expressed with much grief, it appears that HRC is going to be putting extra effort to help Hayden win the top prize in two wheeled racing. Hayden was found to be the only one left testing in Motegi including some rain tests. We are about 15 days from Portugal with two races left in this exciting MotoGP season. Hayden currently sits 12 points ahead of reigning World Champion, Valentino Rossi.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICKY run wild bro :fiddy: :fiddy: :fiddy:

·
Registered
352 Posts
wow, they finally shifted their focus with 2 races left and the title hanging in the balance :confused1

got a link for the article sooperman?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
go nicky..race hard and bring it home!...hopefully he gets what he needs from HRC

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well, that's dramatic :) Why couldn't they get behind him from day one?

Let's hope they have the clutch issue resolved. Been a while since he's had a podium finish. It started after Laguna when they changed the clutch. Just give him Pedrosa's bike and let him ride :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
What do you think they've been doing the rest of the season? Drinking sake and developing parts for the Goldwing?

Truth is they are probably going to stop developing parts for the other RCV's and probably will take some attention off the 800 to make sure they're in tip top shape for the last two races.

Unfortunately I think the testing rules will prevent Nicky from testing the bike again until Portugal.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
well as long as their focus is on finishing strong and hopefully winning it all for nicky then thats good

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Honda-and-Repsol-Honda-crowned-at-Motegi-~cid~6~id~137874.htm

"As Honda http://www.crash.net/news_View%7Et%7EHonda-and-Repsol-Honda-crowned-at-Motegi-%7Ecid%7E6%7Eid%7E137874.htm#we are very proud of the 2006 constructors' championship victory and particularly happy that we reached our goal at our home track of Twin Ring Motegi," said Satoru Horiike, managing director of Honda Racing Corporation. "Now we must concentrate all our energy on winning the riders' championship title."

Honda has lost the riders' championship to its former star Valentino Rossi for the past two seasons, but Hayden will take a slender 12 point lead over Rossi into the final two rounds of the 2006 championship, at Estoril and Valencia.

"Now we have won the constructors' title and the teams' title but we cannot party because our biggest target is to win the riders' championship," confirmed Repsol Honda team manager Makoto Tanaka. "So we will be working as hard as possible for this in the next races."

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
exactly as I predicted immediately after the Motegi race.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think their attitudes have changed since Dani finished last at Sepang and 9th/10th at Motegi. I think Dani is 36-some points from Hayden. So, who's got the best chance? I think HRC decided it's Hayden. Time to step it up a notch!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
sooperman12 said:
I think their attitudes have changed since Dani finished last at Sepang and 9th/10th at Motegi. I think Dani is 36-some points from Hayden. So, who's got the best chance? I think HRC decided it's Hayden. Time to step it up a notch!
Exactly. When Pedrosa fell off the pace in Australia his chances for a championship fell as well.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Imagine where Nicky would be if they had decided this at the beginning of the season.
about 70 points ahead of Rossi.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nicky has been on the test bike this year by his own choosing. But he can't aford any bad starts the last three races. It seems like a crap shoot whether HRC will fix the clutch issues. Melandri has been on the pace all year with last year's bike and Pedrosa has been fast on it for most of the year.

Would it be a good move to switch to the proven RC211V at this point? Or would he be giving up too much with a move like that?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
jjh600RR said:
Nicky has been on the test bike this year by his own choosing. But he can't aford any bad starts the last three races. It seems like a crap shoot whether HRC will fix the clutch issues. Melandri has been on the pace all year with last year's bike and Pedrosa has been fast on it for most of the year.

Would it be a good move to switch to the proven RC211V at this point? Or would he be giving up too much with a move like that?
I would like to see him on a copy of Pedrosa's bike which is an upgraded version of Melandri's and Stoner's. But if they can resolve the clutch issue he should stay on the EVO as he'll comfy on it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Imagine where Nicky would be if they had decided this at the beginning of the season.
Huh??? Maybe that would make sense if Honda only had one bike in Moto GP, didn't bother doing any development for the 800cc bike and didn't develop parts for superbike and supersport racing.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
well at least they didn't wait till it really got serious
oh wait...

the whole clutch thing just really pisses me off big time, they could pop in a proven clutch any time they want but would rather let nicky use the one they are developing until they get it right, which they know they haven't done yet. Of course I guess when your a small factory like Honda that doesn't have any test riders or test tracks
oh wait...

just seems like massively bad business to make your lead rider who is leading the championship use a clutch they haven't worked the bugs out of yet, what dumbass thought up that plan? and its not like they don't know by race time its not fixed, they have 2 days of practice and qualifying to figure out that its not any better.

HRC just does some stupid things imo

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not so much that the clutch isn't "proven" as it is the location of the clutch causes it to fail. It's no longer located on the right side, but stacked on the left side where apparently there is more heat generation. That heat causes the clutch to somehow slip. The technicalities of it all are unclear to me, but since moving the clutch on the new motor (after Laguna), they've been having problems. I don't know why they don't just give him back the Laguna motor. Oh wait, it's a new frame too... Dang. It's like sin -- it's a slippery slope. Once you get going, it's hard to go back.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts