Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. Has anyone on here have hands on experience with a HRC parts? I always wanted to do the build but wondering if it is worth it. To me, a Honda HRC 600rr build is more of an emotional build rather than a actual performance gain. Hahaha

Anyone do these types of build and have real HP gains;
- HRC wiring harness,
- HRC ecu,
- HRC quickshifter,
- HRC engine power up kit,
- HRC air funnel set,
- HRC radiator,
- HRC ac generator,
- HRC exhaust.

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I envy you, doing a full HRC build is a wonderful project.

IIRC there's a dyno run or two of HRC built engines some place on the internet....w/hp's in the 118-124 hp range?

Recently a member posted a before and after of the HRC velocity stacks, gained 4 hp.

search racers and engine tech sub forums...

Also, check out TenKate racing website for CBR 600 RR, good info!

Never really seen anything OTF about the Moto 2 spec engines, which gave 140 hp......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I am aware of the hondaprokevin, Ten Kate boys (so sad to see them coming back with Yamaha for WSBK) and Triumph taking over Moto2... another heart break. Especially the old post on the Cananda Honda 07 600rr HRC build (razorman1)... but all the pics are blocked and no true engine gaines were posted. I just wanted to see if anyone on here actually had hands on experience with the HRC parts. I have a 2007 600rr, looking to run a 2010 HRC wiring, ecm, air funnels, quick shifter, power up kit, alternator, etc.

I made my own bodywork, subframe, exhaust mocking an arata can but about 210mm long. Trying to make a superlight with HRC kits. Huge fan of Durbahn 600rr superlight and all his builds.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
damn youre about to drop some serious $$$$$$ and those parts are pretty hard to find

·
Registered
119 Posts
My TenKate SS bike has some HRC stuff on it, the "BIG" rad, the ECU and Harness, because it was built by Ten Kate it came with the Arrow Inconel headers and Ti Muffler.
Not sure what the Ten Kate engine made on the dyno but my bike with those parts and a healthy standard engine from a road bike makes 118 RWHP

Of course, that's just a number, it's irrelevant for anything other than a before and after comparison of work done, on a different dyno it may read lower or higher, but it's pretty strong for a 600 with completely stock internals.

I don't have the Ten Kate engine as it was returned to them after the lease expired, apparently they were lock wired so the team couldn't get into it to "borrow" their IP. For me as a track bike it's perfect, not highly strung and difficult to ride, which i imagine their SS spec engine would be.

My harness is the early one as it's a 2007 bike, there's no facility for a QS so i use a HM, be aware of that when buying bits, there's traps and because it's HRC there's very little info about supersessions etc.

I use a guy in Japan for a lot of my Honda stuff, he's very good, and a fair guy to deal with too, PM me if you want his details, i'm happy to share, i'm sure he won't mind but i won't post his e-mail publicly.
Cheers
Paul.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
you're falling for the HRC trap.

everything on your list can be equaled or bettered with other branded parts.

are you doing this "because HRC" or are you looking to build an awesome bike? if it's the latter you can save a ton of money and headache by using other stuff. but if you MUST have the HRC (make sure you buy the hat, jacket, pit tent, and trailer decals to suit) then go hard, but expect to have a much much much lighter wallet and perhaps not the bike you should end up with for the money spent.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My TenKate SS bike has some HRC stuff on it, the "BIG" rad, the ECU and Harness, because it was built by Ten Kate it came with the Arrow Inconel headers and Ti Muffler.
Not sure what the Ten Kate engine made on the dyno but my bike with those parts and a healthy standard engine from a road bike makes 118 RWHP.

Of course, that's just a number, it's irrelevant for anything other than a before and after comparison of work done, on a different dyno it may read lower or higher, but it's pretty strong for a 600 with completely stock internals.

I don't have the Ten Kate engine as it was returned to them after the lease expired, apparently they were lock wired so the team couldn't get into it to "borrow" their IP. For me as a track bike it's perfect, not highly strung and difficult to ride, which i imagine their SS spec engine would be.

My harness is the early one as it's a 2007 bike, there's no facility for a QS so i use a HM, be aware of that when buying bits, there's traps and because it's HRC there's very little info about supersessions etc.

I use a guy in Japan for a lot of my Honda stuff, he's very good, and a fair guy to deal with too, PM me if you want his details, i'm happy to share, i'm sure he won't mind but i won't post his e-mail publicly.
Cheers
Paul.
Thanks, Paul. I appreciate the your advice. You pretty much hit it sport on. Your build sounds like mine, a little mix of Ten Kate/HRC and some personal modifications. For HRC, I mainly used Rysing Sun Cycles and also from HARC-PRO.

I don't know why whenever you post about "HRC" everyone else gets all offended and butthurt, complaining they are a waste of money and not the best, etc. I am guessing when you first read the post, you understood that I mentioned it was an "emotional build rather than actual performance gain" ? and who had actual experience with HRC. If I come across HRC parts that are limited I'll PM you. Thanks for the help, man.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I envy you, doing a full HRC build is a wonderful project.

IIRC there's a dyno run or two of HRC built engines some place on the internet....w/hp's in the 118-124 hp range?

Recently a member posted a before and after of the HRC velocity stacks, gained 4 hp.

search racers and engine tech sub forums...

Also, check out TenKate racing website for CBR 600 RR, good info!

Never really seen anything OTF about the Moto 2 spec engines, which gave 140 hp......
Yeah, I've seen some Durbahn stuff on the web.

Lightening these bikes does work well.

Bunch of threads on V stacks;
https://www.600rr.net/vb/18-exhaust-fuel-delivery/33596-velocity-stacks-kick-ass.html
When Honda dumped Ten Kate, I was wondering if they were gonna cut their prices in relation to Honda. Then I remembered they supplied a lot of riders and teams in Europe... so, no price cuts. Hahaha

Have you seen any of the guys on here run Durbahn parts on the eailer 600RR models? If I haven't of sold my '04 600RR... probably would of turned that into an HRC/Durbahn superlight! Would of been complete sex!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks, Paul. I appreciate the your advice. You pretty much hit it sport on. Your build sounds like mine, a little mix of Ten Kate/HRC and some personal modifications. For HRC, I mainly used Rysing Sun Cycles and also from HARC-PRO.

I don't know why whenever you post about "HRC" everyone else gets all offended and butthurt, complaining they are a waste of money and not the best, etc. I am guessing when you first read the post, you understood that I mentioned it was an "emotional build rather than actual performance gain" ? and who had actual experience with HRC. If I come across HRC parts that are limited I'll PM you. Thanks for the help, man.

No worries.

Mine's not really a build where i'm modifying a bike though, it's more a resurrection of a well used but still complete race bike, all i'm doing is reconditioning what needs it and tidying it up, replacing one use nuts etc.

With the exception of the Rad all the HRC, WP and TenKate stuff was on there, the Rad i needed because it had a chinese POS on there that couldn't keep it cool.

Anyway, good luck with your build, and don't be discouraged by cynical posts about cost or whatever, do what YOU want to do, it's your bike!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, last night, I decided to strip the bike. After a few seasons of trackdays, I figured why not give here a good cleaning and decide what type of build to start on. Have a lot of good old "elbow greese" time set aside. Hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the intake/exhaust ports, I was looking to do a little polish and make the posts a smooth connection referencing the HRC Racing Kit manual. Do any of you guys have experience with this type of modification? Not really focused on a crazy, $1000 cylinder head port/polish work... just want to make the build "mine", get it "superlight" and have some more fun at the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some of the things I couldn't stand on the bike.

1) An heavy, ugly air intake designed to hold huge headlights and to maximize air flow at "speed limit's" and to drain some rain out.

2) Heavy, nerve-wrecking kickstand that always made me nervous as hell to use. Couldn't even sit at a restaurant/store without looking out the window every 15 seconds! Just wished every store or parking lot had integrated front wheel chocks to ride up and park in place.

3) Heavy radiator fan that takes up a quarter of the radiator. CBR's are known to run hotter than most, kicking on at like 220°F. Only time I seen it on is getting stuck in traffic, not able to split lanes or after a few track sessions in AZ, waiting in the pit lane, thinking *oh, we are starting now... no, wait...* over and over again.

4) Bulky ignition switch for "anti-theft"!? If someone wants to steal a bike, they will just pick it up, put in in the back of a vehicle, drill out the ignition switch and hot wire the damn bike. Could of just made a push-to-start with a key fob.

5) Sprocket cover for... preventing grease from getting thrown around? Sprocket from hitting other components or the other way around?

Well, that's my rant. Anyone feel the same or is it just me? Hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Agreed, Honda makes very sturdy bike parts...the steel kickstand is understandable, but it weighs a lot!

I was surprised at the weight difference between OE hand/foot controls and aftermarket (wcraft/CFM).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After some good amount of time cleaning. Worked on the thermostat, throttle body insulators, pistons and the exhaust/intake valves, ported the head per HRC Racing Kit Manual but retaining the OEM cylinder head gasket size. Still have a lot of work on the head to do. As of now, I have some HRC hard parts coming in from Japan...

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked up an BMC Race Air Filter and some lightly used 2014 Tokico calipers. Like how that these items are lighter and more compact than the original items. Looking to receive an MotoHolders Fairing Stay and Carbon Air Intake...

Anybody on here have any input on Velocity Stacks regarding HRC, TKRP, HRP or Factory Pro? Velocity stack forms normally jump all over the place. Instead of what guys "have experience on" turns into a science debate. Hahaha Thanks guys?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trying to figure out the main difference between the 20007, 2013 air funnels. I know of the difference in dimension, having to run the 2007 ECM with 2007 air funnels and vise versa for 2013. Anyone know which one has a slightly greater increase in HP/Torque? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Maybe check TenKate website, and see what they're using?

as the model developed, honda tuned the engine for better mid range performance (09+)

I'd think the 07-8 intake would generate slightly more HP?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts