Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just bought the HRC quick action throttle and was told it wont go straight onto my road bike as the isnt enough room on the handle bars for the switches.
Was told i just need to put the 1000rr switches on and it'll fit no problem?

Does this sound right?

Anyone else fitted the same kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
for 03-06 bikes you have to replace the start/kill switch with one from another bike. the rc51 is popular because all of the wires except for the brake switch are direct plug ins.

the 07 went away from that design and put the switch separately than the throttle tube like the 1000rr

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, so you think it'll just bolt straight on?

I was thinking the same as there seems to be plenty of room and the 07 switches as seperate

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i have one on mine. it replaces the throttle tube, and cables and housing.

you will have to take the airbox and throttle bodies off to do the install. some people have managed to get the cables on and off without taking off the throttle bodies but the manual says to take em off so i took em off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

Love this site!!! ;-)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Derris. I'll sweeten up Paul, see if i can get him to do it whilst i make the Tea!! ;-)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And i like full throttle!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have the Yoydyne/Euro racing kit which installs the same way. I left the throttle bodes on. It would have been a complete waste of time. The cables fed right in without any effort. I suggest trying it without removing the TB's first.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I had to change cables recently and I never though to remove throttle bodies, very long pair of needle nose and skinny fingers will help.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I've done 4 of them now, it's not really that bad. Just gotta be patient!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts