Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can anyone point me to a how to (with visuals) for installing the HRC quick throttle?

Thanks.

Rick...

i have one on mine. it replaces the throttle tube, and cables and housing.

you will have to take the airbox and throttle bodies off to do the install. some people have managed to get the cables on and off without taking off the throttle bodies but the manual says to take em off so i took em off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yep, see Brad, best deal around ;-)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another question...well...more of a feeler...

On the HRC throttle kit the throttle case has a little nipple to mount into a hole on the OEM clip ons. However, I have after market clip ons with no holes.

Did the most of you grind down the nipple or did you drill holes in your clip on?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts

On the HRC throttle kit the throttle case has a little nipple to mount into a hole on the OEM clip ons. However, I have after market clip ons with no holes.

Did the most of you grind down the nipple or did you drill holes in your clip on?
What year bike? The 07 has the separate throttle housing and you don't need to worry about ANY of that!!!

·
BOTM Winner 06/08
369 Posts

I drilled holes when I installed my Vortex Clip-ons. 2 holes for throttle side, no holes on clutch side since I left the switchgear off.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am using after market clip ons, but I have an 04.

Will it hurt if I grind down the nipple on the throttle?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bump....does anyone have a reply?
the HRC manual for the cbr1000 says to cut or grind off the nipple or what ever you want to call it
its not too difficult to drill a hole for it but can cut off too
most racers here in japan put some tape or whatever where the throttle housing will go to add grip between the clip ons and the throttle housing

21 - 37 of 37 Posts