Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, getting ready to install this mod, but have been told this tubing (HRC)sweats. Saw one post here supporting that.
Was this an old issue that has been remedied? I'm assuming this is Tygon tubing and it isn't supposed to sweat.
I don't want to go from no sweat, to sweat.

D

·
0 Posts
People confuse deleting the reservoir itself with being an HRC kit, just as long as there's a tube with fluid on the bike. The HRC kit will not sweat, unless it's fake.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
So, getting ready to install this mod, but have been told this tubing (HRC)sweats. Saw one post here supporting that.
Was this an old issue that has been remedied? I'm assuming this is Tygon tubing and it isn't supposed to sweat.
I don't want to go from no sweat, to sweat.
was it the actual HRC kit you saw sweat, or some one who went and bought any tygon tubing they could find?

which btw, is the MFG, not the type of tube...

http://www.tygon.com/tygon-tubing.aspx

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks D. A friend told me that the HRC "kit" sweats. Not sure where he got his info.
After searching around I did find one comment here saying the same. No supporting pics or info though.
Mine is genuine HRC.
Tenjin, what is the actual type of tubing, assuming it has other manufacturers?

D

·
0 Posts
HRC uses the same kits we can buy on their MotoGP bikes. No way would they put anything other than Tygon 2075 on their bikes.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Thanks D. A friend told me that the HRC "kit" sweats. Not sure where he got his info.
After searching around I did find one comment here saying the same. No supporting pics or info though.
Mine is genuine HRC.
Tenjin, what is the actual type of tubing, assuming it has other manufacturers?
HRC uses the same kits we can buy on their MotoGP bikes. No way would they put anything other than Tygon 2075 on their bikes.
i need to do this too, just been lazy.
TYGON FTW!

·
Registered
131 Posts
supposedly the green tubing will sweat. I got some tube from mcmaster. no issues.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People confuse deleting the reservoir itself with being an HRC kit, just as long as there's a tube with fluid on the bike. The HRC kit will not sweat, unless it's fake.
the HRC tube sweats, i had it on my 1000RR.
Great. Just what I needed...more conflicting information :banghead:

Kris, are you sure it wasn't a leak or overfill/expansion issue?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
all i can say, is if your tube is sweating, id be looking for a replacement

if fluid can get out, that also means it can get in, which means water is getting sucked through that tube and ruining your brake system.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
all i can say, is if your tube is sweating, id be looking for a replacement

if fluid can get out, that also means it can get in, which means water is getting sucked through that tube and ruining your brake system.
And he really does mean sucked in, brake fluid will absorb water not repel it....

If you have the correct grade tube you will be fine, I'm not %100 sure what the correct grade is but D reckons it's Tygon 2075 so that's what I would be buying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts