Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was recently hit from behind whilst stopped at a red light. Was a decent hit and subsequently the rear end of my bike was totalled. Insurance offered me $8000AUD for the bike or $7000 and I keep the bike. I kept the bike and rather than fix it i found an ex Japanese HRC kit bike same year model.

At the moment I cant justify have a track only bike. My intention was to swap over the lights, signals etc from one bike to the other.

To the point: Can the HRC ECU be used with the stock wire loom so as i can have lights, signals and speedo etc? If not can i remove the HRC electrics and replace them with the OEM wire and ECU + PCIII without loosing too much power? If i remove the HRC electrics will i loose gains or just tweaking functionality?

Thanks guys in advance..

In the pic, what is the box sitting above the end can? The hoses run into the air box and cylinder head.

·
07 TRACK SLAG!
6,618 Posts
the box it a breather kit. as far as the electrics you need the HRC loom to run hrc ecu. if you looking at this for a road bike you will need to fit the stock ecu and loom, you will also have to look at loads of aother little things like a fan for the race rad etc etc

·
07 TRACK SLAG!
6,618 Posts
the other thing you may have to look into is the clocks they maybe HRC clocks, the whole screen where the speedo is is normally black and doesn't work, you will have to fit a Stock clock. has it had engine work? if it has i maybe a nightmare to get it running properly with the PC3

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as engine work the power up kit has been installed. Not to sure on the histiry after that. I can take the loom, ecu and dash from my road bike. Just not sure if it'll mess with the HRC stuff..

Am i beating a dead horse hear or can it be done? Just not sure.

·
07 TRACK SLAG!
6,618 Posts
if its running a power up kit idealy it should run the HRC electric's BUT you maybe able to get a away with a PC3 and ignition module set-up, the HRC ecu controls all the stuff. The best thing you can do is contact the best Race shop/dyno shop in your area and explain your situation i'm sure it shouldn't be to much of a headache , but you will have to run all your stock stuff the then try and get them to iron everything out of the dyno with lots of mapping. You will also want to check the last rebuild the motor has had, HRC spec motors normally need a total rebuild once a year with a top and and clearances twice a season. Shame your not in the UK i know some guys who could tackle this for you no problem. As i said, do some research into you local race shops find out who is the best with Honda's and see what they can do.

hope this helps, any more question don't hesitate to contact me

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more thing..

I'm itching to get on the road again. If i were to install the OEM loom etc can i ride around
without the PCIII for a while?

Stupid question i know, but i cant wait much longer..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will the PCIII + Dynojet ignition module get me out of trouble. Will i get the same or similar results as compared to the HRC electrics?

·
07 TRACK SLAG!
6,618 Posts
yeah thats what i said mate, as far as number i don't think you will see the same number, the HRC ecu increaces the rev limit.

but remember putting on a pc3 and ignition module isn't gonna be a straight plug in and ride sort of thing u will have to get it on the dyno and get it all set up properly before you can really ride it. race engines arn't as forgiving or reliable as a stock engine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts