Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the hrc throttle kit on my bike but I want to put a break light on as well. From my understanding is I have to have the race/street version (which I have). But the question I have is that when the kit is installed you have to wire it for a break light. Is that true? Or can I just plug in the taillight and be fine?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well, can I just connect the break light up to the connectors in back and have it work? I was reading that there is wires that need to be connected when the hrc kit is installed. Is that correct? Or do I need to do anything to have a break light if anything?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I am not familiar with the HRC kit but the brake light works from the front and rear brake. Both have a 2 wire switch and when either is switched... the light comes on. If you have both switches wired, then the rear brake light would function with the stock wiring. No modifications.

Did that answer your question?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I have the brembo front brake as well.

I have to two wires coming off of the starter that are attached to nothing.

Any clues?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Ok, I have the brembo front brake as well.

I have to two wires coming off of the starter that are attached to nothing.

Any clues?
first off get yourself a book that tells what the names of the parts are. that way when you say starter we dont think you mean the part that starts the engine if you are talking about the brakes.

second to wire a brake light on the front after you have a brembo master cylinder you must find a pressure switch that goes in place of a banjo bolt on the front calipers and wire the old brake light wires into that.

third, there is only one HRC style throttle kit and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the BRAKE (not break) light.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first off get yourself a book that tells what the names of the parts are. that way when you say starter we dont think you mean the part that starts the engine if you are talking about the brakes.

second to wire a brake light on the front after you have a brembo master cylinder you must find a pressure switch that goes in place of a banjo bolt on the front calipers and wire the old brake light wires into that.

third, there is only one HRC style throttle kit and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the BRAKE (not break) light.
Hey thanks for the precise post. Sorry for part of the ignorance its late and I am kinda drunk. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I mentioned the hrc throttle kit.

So let me get this straight because I am not familiar with the set up that is on it now. Where if there is somewhere would this pressure switch be? As well as the banjo on the calipers? And I am assuming since there is no break light wiring that I can see, I have to get it.

I think this might a bit easier just to hook up the foot brake.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
yea not sure what the issue is lol

I have the HRC Throttle kit and Brembo on my bikes and no issues. If you want to be able to you just need the pressure switch (which is just a different banjo bolt).

It has nothing to do with the Throttle kit...

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
You can buy it, you replace the your current banjo bolt (the bolt that goes through the 2 brake lines into the bottom of your master cylinder) with a new banjo bolt that has the pressure switch built in.

They typically won't sent you the banjo with the pressure switch unless you specifically ask for it.

Call:

Superbike Supply
www.superbikesupply.com
526 Haywood Rd. Asheville, NC 28806
Phone: 828-252-2280-sales
Phone: 828-252-3826-shipping dept.
Fax: 828-252-2281

Hours of Operation:
9 am - 6 pm Eastern Mon.-Fri.
Closed Sat.& Sun.

Email: [email protected]

They will absolutely help you out and get you what you need!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I'll bet it's on the bike somewhere
No, probably not. When you buy a brembo set up they typically won't sent you the pressure switch, unless you specifically ask for it, or your dealer/seller remembers to ask.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet now we are getting somewhere. I have no wires or anything either.

Random question, there are two short wires that come off my throttle kit and have a weird ending, what do those go to?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
what year bike?

You have no wires because you need the pressure switch!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Did you call superbikesupply.com? You need the banjo bolt with the pressure switch

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not yet. After the banjo bolt with the pressure switch what else do I need? I want to figure out everything I need so I can get it at once.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
underneath the RUN/STOP switch right now you have 2 little black plugs sitting there. They tie into the 2 leads that will be on the new banjo bolt and DONE!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts