Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After you've figured out how to get the old tube off, now it's onto the hard part. How an HRC tube acheives a shorter throw is that the diameter is larger than the OEM tube. Now, if you have a RC51, Superhawk, 1000RR or 07+600RR, the stock throttle housing has enough room for you to just plop the HRC tube in and be done. The 03-06 600RR however does not have that room and as such requires modification. This modification needs to be done carefully and tediously with a Dremel or other grinder. Here's a pic of the OEM tube.
has anyone thrown a HRC throttle tube straight into a stock 07~08 600rr tube housing with stock cables and all without any problems?
Ive seen the mod about cutting a pvc pipe to fit over the stock tube to achieve a greater diameter, id just feel more comfortable with a HRC or motion pro tube

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I've done it

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I just did it it's super easy

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Yea you can buy the cables and tube. Brad at superbike supply had a deal on them a while back. It might be worth while giving him a call

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
It's kinda stupid to buy the whole kit unless you have a 03-06. And still a 07 throttle housing on eBay is still cheaper than the hrc. ALL YOU MEED FOR AN 07 IS THE TUBE lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup,

Bought the hrc kit from Brad ($95 shipped!), I'm not complaining my oem cables are rusted and cracking (the plastic covering). Pretty sure the first owner left the poor thing outside :(

I didn't think id need the Motion Pro Revolver Kit for its four adjustments, the first two reels are closer to stock and the top two are for drag racing it seems?? (which Brad has for a lot cheaper than anywhere I've looked around, I swear Man Crush on that dude! And Mary . . .lmfao)

·
Registered
158 Posts
just after some advice guys.. How do you remove the tube from the 2 cables? I have the 2 screws removed from the throttle tube housing, but there doesnt seem to be enough slack to unhook the 2 cable ends

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
rotate the throttle all the way around one way with both cables fully slack and you should have more than enough there to remove one cable then the other.

·
Registered
158 Posts
thats my trouble, with the adjusters at the clipon end wound fully in, there doesnt seems to be enough slack to release the cable ends. If i turn the tube one way or another it will just tighten the opposite cable.

Unless, are you referring to the throttle pulley on the engine itself? The part underneath all the stuff i havent taken off before

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
If there isn't enough play at the throttle end they may have been tightened up at the throttle bodies... so yep, underneath all that stuff you haven't taken off before.

Don't stress about it mate, its nice and easy to do if a little time consuming. Once you get down into it just pop a rag into each throttle body to prevent stuff from falling in there and you will be fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i have hear abt this HRC throttle tube but i have not really read abt it, what is the actual purpose?

1st - can i know after installing HRC throttle tube will it help in the pick up / speed
2nd - where can i get those HRC throttle tube?

·
Registered
387 Posts
i have hear abt this HRC throttle tube but i have not really read abt it, what is the actual purpose?

1st - can i know after installing HRC throttle tube will it help in the pick up / speed
2nd - where can i get those HRC throttle tube?
1. The quick turn throttle enables you to move the throttle to WFO in a shorter angle than the stock tube. Stock tube full open is 90 degrees of turn; Q\quick turn, or, more accurately, 1/6 turn HRC throttle is 60 degrees to full open. It's a great mod for track day riders and racers because the throttle is easier to pin and hold.

The tradeoff is that it takes some finesse to manage minor throttle inputs. IMO there isn't much value in a 1/6 turn throttle on the street but it might be fun to have.

2. I got mine from Cru Jones off this forum.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I didnt need to get a HRC kit but my buddy gave me his yamaha R1 tube and it only cost him under $20.00. The install was easy and took less then 20 min. To me, it is a big differnce

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think I may have it. I saw somewhere someone posted a comparison picture between the '07-08 stock throttle tube vs. the HRC. Can anybody help me find it? Also, I am actually looking for the stock unit :). Around town it is WAY too finicky for my tastes and finessing it is almost impossible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts