Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might sound a bit naive but can someone tell me what the benefit is to having the HRC valve springs over the standard honda springs. Do you need these spring when fitting the hrc cams or is there any benefit to fitting the springs with the standand honda cams?
Reason I'm asking is, I've got the option to buy a set of new hrc springs cheap and my head is currently getting a rebuild so it's a good time to buy and fit them if there's a good reason to. Any info would be a great :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
462 Posts
The only reason you might consider getting them is if your stock springs are out of spec. A good head rebuilder would check them and if there good, there's no possitives to the HRC springs, just slightly harder on seats, lifters and cam, but not much.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the stock springs are double - inner and outer.

quite often kit springs will be a single spring to reduce weight on the valve allwoing it to rev quicker and higher. they will not last as long as the stock items.

·
BOTM Winner 10/14
131 Posts
I had to take those when I was rebuilding the head of my engine with HRC cams
it's advised to use HRC springs when ugrading your cams with the HRC ones

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you use higher duration camshafts and want to exctend the rev limit of your bike this is the way to go. We rev our cbr up to 16500rpm using those springs. If your motor is stock, stay with oem springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts