Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over yesterday.. didnt do anything wrong, wasnt speeding...

got a fix-it ticket for my Comp Werkes FE kit.. and for my registration..

I explained I just got the bike from the dealership... and im waiting for the tags.. this jerkoff says i need to go to the DMV, i tell him, that the dealership is handling the paperwork still.. apparently this knob never bought anything from a dealership...

says my back blinker lights are ok... he didnt like how the plate bends up if i have two people on the bike.. says its hard to see when it bends up...

he also stated that he wasnt gving me a fix-it ticket for not having a rear reflector cuz that would be cheezy.. what a tool.. my plate is fully visible and rarely do i have a passenger..

·
Registered
802 Posts
You will learn that HB cops are FUGGING PRICKS to us bikers.

This is mostly because there are a bunch of jackholes that ride like asses and keep them constantly pissed off. I totally steer clear of HB anymore.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Got pulled over twice for the license plate issue. I'm ordering one through Tripage. Sorry for generalization, but majority of cops (99.999%) of cops are pricks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You will learn that HB cops are FUGGING PRICKS to us bikers.

This is mostly because there are a bunch of jackholes that ride like asses and keep them constantly pissed off. I totally steer clear of HB anymore.
I live in HB. NB cops arent any nicer either...

this guy was just born to be a prick too... whats wrong with cops.. like they have absolutely nothing better to do than to pull me over for riding normal..

·
Registered
633 Posts
you think they're bad... Reno is worse. especially the bike cops. I've been pulled over 3 times within the last 3 months for the same reason: license plate! They all tell me that they cant see it.( its installed above the hugger)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Got pulled over recently for lic. plate issue also. It is clearly visible, but stated that it had to be mounted on the rear most part of the vehicle. I argued that the CA VC does not state that. Bascially I think he pulled me over just to check me out, I was clean and he had to give me something. Here's the kicker; I got the ticket signed off the next day by a different CHP without making any modifications at all.

You will hear alot of people on here say just avoid it and move it to the most rear. However, legally you can have it anywhere on the rear portion of the bike as long as it is visible.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got pulled over recently for lic. plate issue also. It is clearly visible, but stated that it had to be mounted on the rear most part of the vehicle. I argued that the CA VC does not state that. Bascially I think he pulled me over just to check me out, I was clean and he had to give me something. Here's the kicker; I got the ticket signed off the next day by a different CHP without making any modifications at all.

You will hear alot of people on here say just avoid it and move it to the most rear. However, legally you can have it anywhere on the rear portion of the bike as long as it is visible.

Interesting.. since i got the ticket in HB, do i have to get it signed off by an HB cop??

I still gotta get the tags tho.. waiting on the DMV/Dealership to get it done..

·
Registered
4,710 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
dont tell me this cause i just installed a cbr heaven f/e kit. basically same as comp werkes. but my turn sigs are integrated also. i have nothing on my rear except my pipe. my plate is clearly visible, at night its kinda blurry to read

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It's not just Huntington Beach when it comes to getting nailed by the popo for these mods. Basically, anywhere in So.Cal. you will get a ticket for FE, illegal placement of license plate, or non OEM blinkers. Our state is in a crisis financially and the CHP along with other policing agencies went on the news and clearly said to expect a crack down on fix-it tickets and moving violations...why? ...because they are a revenue maker($).

However, if you ride the freeways here in OC or LA, you are fricken crazy to use anything but OEM blinkers. We have a biker death every morning it seems on the freeways here!! Cars can't see you bro, you need the big orange blinkers sticking out...they are there for YOUR safety! Loking cool can get you killed, you decide.

PS- It doesn't matter to me what some of you in the middle of nowere have to say. You don't ride LA traffic or freeways. I've got 20 years and no accidents riding in this crazy city and on the freeways here...with them large orange blinkers of course.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
It's not just Huntington Beach when it comes to getting nailed by the popo for these mods. Basically, anywhere in So.Cal. you will get a ticket for FE, illegal placement of license plate, or non OEM blinkers. Our state is in a crisis financially and the CHP along with other policing agencies went on the news and clearly said to expect a crack down on fix-it tickets and moving violations...why? ...because they are a revenue maker($).

However, if you ride the freeways here in OC or LA, you are fricken crazy to use anything but OEM blinkers. We have a biker death every morning it seems on the freeways here!! Cars can't see you bro, you need the big orange blinkers sticking out...they are there for YOUR safety! Loking cool can get you killed, you decide.

PS- It doesn't matter to me what some of you in the middle of nowere have to say. You don't ride LA traffic or freeways. I've got 20 years and no accidents riding in this crazy city and on the freeways here...with them large orange blinkers of course.
I agree with everything your saying. Your an LEO, correct? One of the few cool ones in my opinion.

I thankfully don't ride on L.A. freeways or in L.A. traffic. But I'm sure it's more than just your OEM blinkers that have kept you safe from injury.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
However, legally you can have it anywhere on the rear portion of the bike as long as it is visible.
Yes. It is up to the discretion of the officer if it is "visable" or not. Any diversion or deviation from stock approved placement leaves you game for a ticket...period.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I agree with everything your saying. Your an LEO, correct? One of the few cool ones in my opinion.

I thankfully don't ride on L.A. freeways or in L.A. traffic. But I'm sure it's more than just your OEM blinkers that have kept you safe from injury.
No longer in law enforcement, thank god! Also, I say these things in part because I too have gotten busted here and there over the years in terms of fix-it. I had my share of tickets in the cager as well even when I was a cadet. In fact, when the cops found out I was a cadet I got a ticket and yelled at because supposedly I should no better than the rest...lol. Fvck it, we all are human and make mistakes or push the limit at times! There are jerks in every walk of life and I've been pulled over by a few of them in the cager before.

Yes, the big orange blinkers are only part of the safety issue. Some of these cagers just don't know how to drive at all, which makes it most dangerous for us bikers.

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
Interesting.. since i got the ticket in HB, do i have to get it signed off by an HB cop??
you should be able to get it signed off by CHP.
as it was explained to me (correct me if im wrong), it depends on the rank of the officer that writes the citation and the rank of the officer signing it off. CHP is state, while HBP is city so CHP should be higher...

Yes. It is up to the discretion of the officer if it is "visable" or not. Any diversion or deviation from stock approved placement leaves you game for a ticket...period.
true. unless its in stock location youre fare game

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he didnt have an issue with my blinkers at all.. he actually said, those are okay.. just the plate placement and the fact that it folds up in certain incidents..

i ride the freeways.. and if its busy, i hand single (point) to the lane i wanna go to.. and do a head turn..

i see so many guys on the 405 that never use signals, they just zip by and take the lane..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts