Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a guy around here who has a duc 1098r asked me why dont i switch to a hydraulic clutch which he can get for me for some 200 bucks. now the kid is mostly full of sh*t about bike talk and i dont rly know much about this. so the question is
is it possible to put a hydraulic clutch in the 04 600rr? and does it require modifications ?

tnx guuys

D

·
0 Posts
That I know of, there are no parts available to put a hydraulic clutch on a 600RR. The only thing I have seen is a Chinese made clutch master cylinder that actuates a wire.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Way back in the 80's the first interceptors (500,750,1000) all had hydraulic clutches. when the hurricanes arrived (600,1000) they went back to cable actuated. Remember OP its not just a hydraulic master cylinder, but also a slave cyl down on the tranny.

Tell him his clutch is dry and tell him you can make it wet for him. Maybe that will shut him up.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Way back in the 80's the first interceptors (500,750,1000) all had hydraulic clutches. when the hurricanes arrived (600,1000) they went back to cable actuated. Remember OP its not just a hydraulic master cylinder, but also a slave cyl down on the tranny.

Tell him his clutch is dry and tell him you can make it wet for him. Maybe that will shut him up.
yea i figured something was wrong and that it rly cant be done so i decided to ask to be 100% sure :D

but kid is full of **** talking about bikes just as him 1098R is spitting out 245hp. :D
love to hear those nonsense

·
Registered
408 Posts
Why would you want to anyways? A cable is so simple and easy to fix, hydraulic not so much. I like my cable just fine. Tell him his Ducati "jingle" is cause he hasnt added clutch fluid.

·
Debt Management Counselor
1,564 Posts
anything is possible, but it will be much more than $200. you have to change not only the clutch master, but you have to add a slave cylinder as well as remove all of the cable stuff.

not an easy job.

if he is saying **** like that along with his bike having 245 hp, just tell him to stfu and move on. that would mean his bike has more hp than the wsbk ducs have. he has more $$$ than sense.

·
Registered
546 Posts
yeah tell him to buy the Desmosedicci bolt on V4 kit and then he'll have some real power. also he will need to change the rear brake to upside down GP braking. kidding of course, but maybe the 1098R rider won't know better!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hes full of $$$ so the law applies people who are passionate about riding and can ride dont have money to waste, people who only thing they know about a bike is that it has 2 wheels have a lot or $$$ for 1098R etc...
but i took the desmosedici my girl's dad has a collection of them and that is an impressive bike :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
local guy here has a collection of duc (including Desmosedicci), and a friend just re-sold his Desmosedicci (real impressive bike, even the red is a bit different), but kept a 748R (older) with 1 mile on it.

This 1098R guy however is the $$$ > brains type of ducatastisi.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
local guy here has a collection of duc (including Desmosedicci), and a friend just re-sold his Desmosedicci (real impressive bike, even the red is a bit different), but kept a 748R (older) with 1 mile on it.

This 1098R guy however is the $$$ > brains type of ducatastisi.
i know the desmo is amazing. but i would never own it i have to say, its too much of a collectors item people like jay leno can have. and the dad of my girl has a shitload of $$$ and he does know a fair bit about bikes :D and it feels good to c a bike like that in a garage of someone who knows what it is and about it :D

but everything from 1098 ( s and r) 1198 (S and R) hypermotard (my favorite of all) and he is waiting on the str fighter now :D

and he does ride all of them :D

i think im gonna marry the girl :D :D ahahah

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 1000 has hydraulic, my 600 cable. They say the cable has more of a feel. The hydraulic for me is a bit better due to my taste of feeling, but I agree, cables are simple, and seems to be more on about the position of clutch pressure.

I wouldn't convert either if so equipped.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Could be done....

but probably shouldn't be done!

The issue is with getting the slave in there.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i know the desmo is amazing. but i would never own it i have to say, its too much of a collectors item people like jay leno can have. and the dad of my girl has a shitload of $$$ and he does know a fair bit about bikes :D and it feels good to c a bike like that in a garage of someone who knows what it is and about it :D

but everything from 1098 ( s and r) 1198 (S and R) hypermotard (my favorite of all) and he is waiting on the str fighter now :D

and he does ride all of them :D

i think im gonna marry the girl :D :D ahahah
Would love to try a Hypermotard (the 796) on the tight, bumpy Rhode Island backroads. Yeah, I say marry her.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
instead of always being skeptical, you should try to ask questions or listen every once in a while, you might learn something
Ok, I’ll bite. Show us and tell us about your hydraulic setup, then.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts