1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
hahah might wanna refrain from the Hydrozycut and consult a doctor bro

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I take it. Its pretty good, got it on sale on a military base so it was def worth the money. I pop a pill about 30 mins before I work out and I have PLENTY of energy to sustain a good 1-1.5 hour workout.... I dont take the recommended dosage because I dont want to become dependant on it, I only take 1 pill 30 mins before each workout, works great for me :p

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My brother is takin that right now. It's helping him a lot. But he does workout everyday and attends boxing traing Mon-Fri. I take RIPPED from NxCARE. That sh*t is good too. 21 day supply.

·
Registered
736 Posts
no way the old stuff with aphedra is better. burns you up faster and keeps you awake after a long work out. pluss the old stuff used to turn your piss bright orange too!!! haha it turns your insides to a bag of skittles!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was taking Redline, that was good for about a month, then it stopped working. The redline kicked ass for the time being. I'm gonna get hydroxycut soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was taking GNC ripped fuel a few years ago. Gave me crazy heart palpitations. Not a big fan of diet pills

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Don't take anything with ephedra in it, especieally if your in the military, if you drop out in PT and they find out that u have been taking it ur screwed, UCMJ action up the arse. Now, civilians, screw the supplements, take a protien shake and work out naturally. Better to workout tired with protien in you then working out all hyped up on something and no nutrients for your body to pull off of.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
im an ACE certified personal trainer. dont take any diet pills. the health risks are not worth it, ephedra-free included. you want a kick to your workout? drink some coffee. caffine has the same energizing effect without the sweating, increased heart rate, red poop (what the heck is that about?), etc. A couple years ago caffine was considered bad for you, mainly because it dehydrated you. now they've come to find that for sports purposes, caffine has many benefits including increased blood flow, putiutary stimulation (adrenaline), and obviously keeps you alert. just dont take more than 300mg (about the amount in one cup of coffee). then you'll lose deep sleep, another very important aspect of muscle rejuvination, and possibly become addicted.

seriously, the other stuff not only uses caffine, but a host of other stimulants and "metabolizers" and crap. you dont need it.

you wanna lose wieght, dont cheat your body. learn to eat right, get good nights sleep when you can, and excersise both by running/jogging/biking (aerobic and anaerobic workouts) and building lean muscle. change your lifestyle. live till your 100. dont cheat and make yourself think you're in good health by taking diet pills. get your body to where you want it to be by doing things right, find the balance.

diet pills falsely foolsyour body into increasing your metabolism. once the effect wears off, your metabolism drops again. lean muscle will increase your average resting metabolic rate for the rest of your life (your metabolism when you are not doing anything) whereas diet pills do not.

sorry for the rant, I've seen the negative effects of hydroxycut and all the others far too often to just allow this thread to go on without my 2 cents.

not to sound hypocritical, cause I do believe some suplements are just fine for you, as long as they do not fool the body. Try a combination of creatine and something with Arginine (the product in NO2, Nitron5, NOX2, etc.) take the as recommended, with the creatine twice a day (i take 90 min before and immediatly following my workout, and the arginine twice (once before you eat breakfast, once 30 minutes previous to the workout.) Both supplemants will have reached their full potential at the same time-during your workout. You will see dramatic gains.

creatine has never been proven to have any liver effects, its a naturally occuring substance in the body that kicks in when oxygen can no longer provide enough energy. its called the endo-creatine system. taking extra creatine obviously increases the amount your body can use, allowing you to do a few more reps per set or more wieght. Arginine is a hemodialator that basically allows your body to carry more blood to the muscles. this means more oxygen, which means more energy, which means more reps or weight. when the arginine can no longer support the excess strain on the muscles by way of increased oxygen, then creatine kicks in. Arginine also lasts a very long time, keeping the blood flowing long after your workout, increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to the muscle, aiding muscle recovery, which is when all muscles are built.

Additionally, try to take in half your body wieght in grams of carbs immediatly following your workout. a gatorade and a creatine drink usually does the trick. your muscles need the carbs to begin recovery, and since it needs them now, sugar-based carbs are actually good for this process. and if you are trying to gain mass, a good protien shake doesnt hurt (mix in blender a chocolate shake mix, milk, and a banana, tastes very good), and you'll have to eat a lot of calories.

note-cycle on and off the supplements every three weeks or so. and drinks lots and lots and lots of water. like a lot of frikin water.

note-its almost impossible to simultaneously try to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. one or the other, not both. thats why hydroxycut is popular, cause guys try to bulk up and get cut at the same time. you cant, you need the xtra calories to help build new muscle. you wanna look good in the summer, bulk up during winter, heavy wieghts, low reps, and start cutting up in march/april with light wieghts, high reps, and lots of cardio.

long-sorry. my bad. short version: dont take hydroxycut, its bad, need any pointers? just ask.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah man! No diet crap. I'm all about Whey protein before and after workout!

I order my whey from: (supersite)

bodybuilding.com

I'm almost through the 10lb. container of whey ;).

Oh yeah, and I take multi-vitamin every day. Vitamins are soooo good for you! =D

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I learn to try and not rely on supplements, in my job there are times when I can't get anything (caffiene is even rare) so why go threw the pains of having loss of muscle and energy. I try to eat right and get a good night sleep. Just by supplying a little extra protein in your diet u can supply yourself a lot more then u think when u workout (for most peoples workout plans that don't invovle power lifting which is how I work out simply out of habit). I run a lot (both on and off duty), easily 5 miles 3 times a week (from both a 9 minute down to a 7 minute mile pace) and 2 miles before every workout to keep up my heart rate. Cardio is good balance along with muscle, I have found a lot of guys who are huge can't run very well. Not all, but a good portion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts