Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone even seen one yet??? just looking for a bike to get back and forth to work on, so im not racking up more and more miles everyday. Were talking about 160 miles round trip, and im about to flip 30k miles on the 600rr. Anyone ever seen or ridden it yet?

www.hyosungus.com

K

·
0 Posts
suzuki motors last i knew. not sure on ergos. you may want to find something a little more comfortable though...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
hyosung is koreas honda. over here in asia they are all about country pride and such. i guess its like a suzuki knock off, except for it isnt really a knock off. good bikes! just dont expect the performance of a bigger name or the part availability.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
Anyone even seen one yet??? just looking for a bike to get back and forth to work on, so im not racking up more and more miles everyday. Were talking about 160 miles round trip, and im about to flip 30k miles on the 600rr. Anyone ever seen or ridden it yet?

www.hyosungus.com
they are rubbish
tend to fall apart , the cheapest little pieces on the road...

guttless as and just yuk to ride , but they are dirt cheap!!!

if you buy it new then dont expect much when you sell it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Kawasaki 250R is 10 times the bike of the Hyosung. Period. Do the research and you will see. 10 outta 10 people will tell you that the Kaw is better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
when I had an argument in CBR125 forum that I'd pick kawi 250R over Hyosung GT250R as Kawi 250 is cheaper in Canada and yet better, some of them think I am crazy. :p

They said Kawi 2008 250R is carb and Hyosung is FI, it's resonable for Hyosung GT250R to be more expensive.

:rolleyes:

I will never buy Hyosung or Kia or Korean cars. :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would take the kawi 100x over the Hyosung, but good luck finding one in so-cal. also they want over 5 grand if you can find one. which in my eyes is rediculous.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
when I had an argument in CBR125 forum that I'd pick kawi 250R over Hyosung GT250R as Kawi 250 is cheaper in Canada and yet better, some of them think I am crazy. :p

They said Kawi 2008 250R is carb and Hyosung is FI, it's resonable for Hyosung GT250R to be more expensive.

:rolleyes:

I will never buy Hyosung or Kia or Korean cars. :p
Screw the FI.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I sat on one at the bike show in Long Beach last year.....what a piece of crap, I thought I was sitting on a Pep Boy's special. Seriously it seems like they just buy the cheapest generic parts they can find and slap them together.

Get the Kawi 250, it's one badass bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got responsed with those feedback in CBR125R forum from a guy who has a GT250R when i say picking GT250R over Kawi 250R is stupid.

Why is that stupid? Have you put the ninja 250 beside the hyosung 250. The hyosung is more "bike" then the ninja. Dual front disc brakes, FI, larger bike overall etc.. Those things cost more to manufacture hence the higher price tag. And hyosung offers a 2 year factory warranty as opposed to 1 year. So it's not stupid at all for hyosung to sell the bike at the price they do. I love mine, no regrets. Over 5000k already and not a single problem.

Your opinion is fine as long as you know it's just your opinion and not fact. It's not fact that kawi is better then hyosung. Fact is, the hyosung does have great features that the kawi lacks for the 250cc bikes. I would prefer the kawi over hyosung if the kawi had the same features as hyosung. But for my purchase..I put the manufacturer aside and purchased my bike based on the bike itself.

K

·
0 Posts
i've been watching quite a few 250R vids on the tube here, and i gotta say, i'm thinking about buying one... they look like fun!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I didn't think any Hyosung had FI?? I've only seen carbs listed on their site last I checked (granted it's been a year or two) :dontknow:

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
i would take the kawi 100x over the Hyosung, but good luck finding one in so-cal. also they want over 5 grand if you can find one. which in my eyes is rediculous.
i found a used 07 kawi ninja 250r at kolbe cycles in the valley for 3 grand...

if you are going to spend money why not spend the grand or two more and get the better bike...

albeit i am a little biased because i do not buy korean

-alex chuang

·
Registered
195 Posts
if you re read this thread and still buy a hyosung, you are an idiot.

korean junk. dont bother it. it is in NO WAY comparable to Kaw and their legendary 250. (not to mention the most widely sold bike in Kaw's line-up and possibly in the sportbike realm, due to the fact that people are always wanting to get into sport bike riding)

bottom line, the KAW has proven its self, the Hyosung aint proven ****.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started on a gt250r (2008 brand new) back in March and although its great as a first bike it caused so much headache I just had to get rid of it. I had a few minor problems including a clutch cable snapping, rear brake failing and two major engine problems with pistons and the clutch assembly. First time I had the engine problem I thought ok one major failure can happen to any bike, waited 3 weeks for it to be fixed, got it back and carried on with it. Three weeks ago the piston rod broke and I thought screw this **** and now it's on sale and sitting at the mechanic being repaired (and hence why I'm picking up my new cbr on saturday :D ) I rode about 8k miles on it and with diablo tires it was brilliant and good fun in the twisties. Buy at your own risk. They're sexy bikes but don't know why you wouldn't buy a 08 ninja 250 over the Hyo

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didn't think any Hyosung had FI?? I've only seen carbs listed on their site last I checked (granted it's been a year or two) :dontknow:

yes it has. that's why they "think" gt250r should be more expensive. :tard:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a lifan 200cc POS bike similar to that bike. they look nice, but fall apart. They are dangerous.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts