Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums for info before I posted this and there was only a little info...

My friend who has never rode a day in his life came to me the other day telling me he bought a brand new bike. He told me it was a Hyosung and I thought it was him mispronoucing Hayabusa and I was worried. After a little research I checked it out and the bike actually seemed kinda cool. I got a chance to ride it the other day and I have to say that it actually handles pretty well. It is most definetly a starter bike as it is advertised as having split left/right fairings that are cheaper to fix when in a crash. It also shifts real smooth like a cruiser so there is almost no lurching between gears (rather than having to rev match perfectly which took me weeks to get right on my RR). All in all I have to say that it was comfortable, smooth and actually really nice looking. Took a few corners and rolled her through the turns with ease. I was worried at first at the bike being a little cheesy and it turned out to be a pretty decent bike.

Anyone else had a chance to ride or hear anything about these bikes? I wanna know how they stand the test of time and if the company is any good. I may recommend this bike to some of those first timers who still wanna get that sport bike look/feel without going to a 250 Kawi.

http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/hyosung-sport-motorcycle-gt-650r-sport-bike.aspx

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I don't know anything about them but saw several at a Kawasaki dealership I was in recently. Where are they made?

·
Registered
136 Posts
"designed in japan" but it's manufactured in Korea. There are a lot of these bikes (not sportbike in particular, but korean bikes of all types) popping up... low prices, not too bad in the looks department... but it's the "test of time" that will be the final judge. Well, that and maybe warranty or customer service.

Rock

·
Registered
103 Posts
Never heard of 'em before. you're right they look pretty nice. Would you really recommend a 650cc engine to a never-ever newbie? I'd think that was too much, personally. I know I wanted a smaller bike for my first while still retaining that sport-bike look, so I went with my GS500. I know people on this board aren't big Suzuki fans, but that was a great bike. Small with enough power to keep me thrilled and get me where I needed to go.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Yah it's a korean bike. My friend was going to get cruiser one until I finally talked him out of it and he got a Honda Shadow Spirit instead.

I checked out these bikes in person and they are really cheaply made. Lot's of plastic painted a chrome color in place of chrome and they use really cheap metals. Over all it's just a very crappy cheeply made bike. You get what you pay for though and I would also never buy anything Korean.

·
Registered
166 Posts
we used those bikes in my MSF class, i think they were 250s. they look really nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts