Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my exhaust last week with the hyperflo FE. I was wondering if anybody has had any complaints about their hyperflo tail light not being bright enough to see. The last thing I want is to get rear ended by one of my buddies or a cager because they can't see that I'm stopping. Or maybe I just got one that has a couple of LEDs out? That doesn't seem to be the case though. I'd go take a video now but it's night time and you can see it a lot better.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
the pipes are the sex. the lights, not so much. the way they're set up, there are 14 total LEDs. 3 up top, 5 in the middle, 6 on the bottom. the top and bottom are the running tail lights, and when you hit the brakes, the 5 in the middle shine a little brighter. my buddy HATED riding behind me, because he couldn't tell when my i hit my brakes. well that, and i didn't have a relay for my flashers, so with my signals on it looked like an orange strobe light going off. i was rather weary of them myself though, because if my buddy on his bike couldn't see them very well, cagers wouldn't be able to see them any better.

so i bought tripage's IT. brake light problem solved.

old:

new:

·
Registered
220 Posts
its not that bright lol i have it and just pay attention to your surroundings and youll be fine but i do havea problem with the bolts and carbon fiber can the carbon fiber is turning yellow.. from exhaust tip about an inch so far just noticed it and im also mising a new bolts on the can( not the exhaust tips) but the actual can so i called them 2 days ago and asked to send some more bolts because i payed 750 for mine and its bs bolts are falling out they should of put loc tight on everything other then that i get compliments all the time

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well since it's a common problem I'm not going to waste the time taking and posting a video. I'll probably be a copycat and get Tripage's kit like spiritofkaos1. I just liked that the exhaust was sexy and came with a FE. Shoulda known if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.:banghead:
Thanks fellas

·
Registered
276 Posts
cut your stock light in half and jam it up in there like i did. cost me like $2.00 (tube of silicone) and about 45 minutes of time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My cans are also turning yellow and the clamp that holds on the exhaust and plate has turned gold from heat, and the bolts on the tubes are falling out. AND people cant tell if im breaking or not like stated above.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cans aren't turning yellow but the paint/powder coat is chipping off. and the allen bolts that hold it together corrode and turn white. I may end up taking it all apart after this season and powder coating it myself. I've only had it on there for like 2 months too. It sounds and looks amazing on my bike though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts