Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Hyperflo exhaust gone out of business? Really had my mind set on one of their systems and can't get them to respond to my inquiries and all their 600 stock says sold out?!

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Haven't seen too many people speak of Hyperflo for awhile, most talk about Yoshi or 2Bros.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
If you want performance go for akra or arrow.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you want performance go for akra or arrow.
I always wondered about this... I see people that throw on crazy stuff like performance exhausts that they only use to street ride and don't track. What's the advantage of this? I always viewed it as a waste of money...

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I always wondered about this... I see people that throw on crazy stuff like performance exhausts that they only use to street ride and don't track. What's the advantage of this? I always viewed it as a waste of money...
Just bike dress up; cool things look cool. Nothing wrong with that, also a slipon doesn't really automatically equal performance. There's a host of things to change when you mess with the air flow in any modern application.

The new race-only Termi for 600RR looks amazing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a street only guy. That being said, I'm in it for safety. I want it louder and sound good without NEGATIVELY effecting performance. I don't want more pony, I just don't want to lose any.

And those of you who say you don't need an exhaust for safety, my wife was in her car running errands and I was able to pull along side of her and knock on her window and scare the S%$# out of her. She said she couldn't hear my bike until she turned off the radio. Now I was just cruising at 45 MPH in 6th so my RPMs were low, which is where I want more noise, not up high in the RPM.

Sorry pugetpilot.... Did't mean to hijack...

So in summary, I'm looking for louder but not obnoxious without negatively effecting power. Oh, and I dont want it sticking 6" out the back...

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
.... Did't mean to hijack...

So in summary, I'm looking for louder but not obnoxious without negatively effecting power. Oh, and I dont want it sticking 6" out the back...

Most peeps recommend yoshi rs5 or akra, I have a megacycle (local AU's company), and I ended up cutting it down so it is flush with tail light instead of sticking out. I don't like that they stick out so far either.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
If all you want is looks and sound go with toce. Its basically a straight pipe theyre loud as **** and ppl like the way they look.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I almost got the hyperflo exhaust, like I ordered it, then an hour later I cancelled it. I loved the looks and sound of it, but for the price you were getting it wasn't a great exhaust. The mid pipe was like a matte black piece and I didn't like that, I wanted a more chrome looking or brushed aluminum mid pipe. They didn't make those anymore though so I didn't want it. Also people said the welds on them were crap and it was just a cheaply made exhaust with bad engineering.

I went with Akra and love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts