Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's say you got a great deal on a Power Commander. The person you bought it from sent it the day after you paid priority mail. The seller also sent you an email 20 minutes after dropping it in the mail with the tracking number. Two days later you get the package in one piece but unfortunately the seller forgot to put the CD from Power Commander in the package.

Here's the question

Would you send the seller an email threatening to get your money back from Pay pal because he forgot the CD

edited to add I am not the buyer.

·
Registered
793 Posts
:+1: Life is too short to sweat the small stuff, this is small stuff.

If I was seller and they buyer sent me that email that I would tell them the CD was in the mail (and I would send it) but that they can download it if they don't want to wait. The buyer would have a hard case to prove if the CD was on the way.

·
Registered
760 Posts
did he even say he had the cd to send.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Let's say you got a great deal on a Power Commander. The person you bought it from sent it the day after you paid priority mail. The seller also sent you an email 20 minutes after dropping it in the mail with the tracking number. Two days later you get the package in one piece but unfortunately the seller forgot to put the CD from Power Commander in the package.

Here's the question

Would you send the seller an email threatening to get your money back from Pay pal because he forgot the CD?
talk to him first or just download it. he was on the spot with everything and sounds like an honest seller who made an honest mistake. you have no reason to threaten him so early into the transaction. even if he never sends the CD, software is readily available online...not even worth making a big deal out of it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Whoa!!! Chill out bro!!!! No need to over-react!!!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'd get my manties in a wad and run to the internet crying like a little girl. But that's just me. And you too, apparently.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Send them the link to the website or you download the cd on the site and copy it and send it, it's not a big deal. I have the CD and didn't even use it. T

Paypal probably won't do anything if you didn't say the pc came with the cd. That was implied by the buyer. Doubt they would say anything or bring it up to dispute, if they do then get it back and sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Haha, you ARE the seller, plot twist, nice. Yeah people these days expect everything to come wrapped in a gold blanket. If you didn't say anywhere that a cd was included, this guy's got no case, except that if he tries to cancel the paypal payment he could be in a case for theft...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nope as the others said the softwre can be downloaded for free I have been in the situation before software is usually the last thing I worry about it can be either downloaded or bootlegged..whoops! did I say that? :hang:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts