Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some nice weather here in RI so I decided to take the rr out. I ride to my mothers convenience store to grab a few items before heading out. Well I dismount, open the passenger compartment take out the brake disc lock/ alarm and hook it up. Lock the forks, stuff my gloves in my helmet and walk into the store. As I'm walking back out my sister is outside and goes; aren't those your keys still on the bike? !!F#%K!! I had my cage keys (which have my house keys) in my pocket so I thought I had taking the keys with me! Swore to myself all the way to my cousins house. Can't stop thinking how lucky it didn't get stolen (in a bad neighborhood no less!) and scared that this will happen again. I think I did it subconsciously because I felt my cage keys in my pocket. I am making copies of my house keys and putting them on the bike keys that way I leave the house only with one set. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I practically was giving it away! I woudn't be able to forgive myself for such a stupid move. :cursin:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I haven't done it in public yet but I've left the key in around my house. I have like 20 keys, so I obviously don't leave them attached when riding, and I'd never notice one of them missing in my pocket. I think it's an easy mistake to make I'm sure people do it all the time.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
actually hapened to me a few days ago i left the bike parked n my camus sidewalk went to eat and when i was packing up and finished eating i realised i left the keys in the ignition... ran to the point where i can c the bike and was scared shitless... but its my college and no one would take it (i hope so)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Forget where we were, but one one I was riding with a few guys and we were parked someone when some kids who thought they were the **** pulled up and got off. Well one of them left his keys in his bike, so my friend hops on, starts it up, and proceeds to wheelie down the road as the kid turns around and realizes its his bike that was being wheelied.

Learned his lesson

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**** nice to see I'm not alone in this. I'm pretty good at checking everything before I leave a place. I pat my right pocket (keys) pat my left (Security pass at work) pat my right butt cheek (wallet) good to go. lol hopefully this never happens again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
lol. Well, since you had the disc-lock on; they would have tried to ride off and just messed the bike up trying to leave, I think.

I end up getting all my keys confused because I have 2 sets of keys:

1) bike key + disc-lock key.

2) car key + disc-lock key + room key + mail key + car alarm remote + LEGO Darth Vader Keychain Figure

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no cell phone?
Yeah forgot to check the blackberry off :crackup:

Tobydiahpark QUOTE

lol. Well, since you had the disc-lock on; they would have tried to ride off and just messed the bike up trying to leave, I think. end QUOTE

Well I had the disc lock key on the ignition as well but I doubt they would have noticed the disc lock and would have tried to back out the driveway. And when they sat on it the alarm would have gone off and I would of flew out of the store like superman with my cape on.

:gun1:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do it all the time. alwys leave the key in the ignition at the house and office so I have to be careful to remember to take it when I stop along the way.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've done it at the house a few times before and a once or twice in public, but after I do the pat-down (cell phone, wallet, keys) walking into the store I always catch myself

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you keep the key for your disc lock on your key chain, that won't happen. However, I have got off my bike in a hurry before and left the keys in the ignition. Not a good feeling.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
My bike key is the only thing on my keychain. Actually, even w/my cage, I don't have house keys on the keychain. Just a master key to my work building and my file cabinet key.

I've done something similar before. I don't walk away from the bike until I've dropped my keys into my pocket. As I'm walking away, I'm typically patting down the pocket just to make sure its in there, while at the same time looking on the ground to make sure that I didn't drop anything.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have keyless entry, so my bike keys consist of my bike key and.......... my bike key? .... :crackup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts