Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i live in southern Ca. And i drive down the 5 from LA to San Diego everyday. But the last few days have been hell. All i see is 400 bikes riding from here to there enjoying what has to be some of the most beautiful bike weather i have seen.
I am just about to get my first bike. But i can't help but say damn i'm jealous

·
Registered
882 Posts
it's actually a real pain commuting on the RR. My glutes hurt after a while.
haha!! You need to toughen up your ass. I commute 80 miles each day on my RR and my "glutes" feel fine afterward....

·
Registered
130 Posts
My glutes are starting to look fantastic I say.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i commute every day as well...it's been feeling really good lately. no longer that shock of the cool morning air when i get off. as for my glutes...they are doing really good. whatajourney, do some squats. that will take care of that.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I know what you are saying.. When I see people riding and im driving, all I want to do is go home and take my bike out.. haha ..sucks if you aint got a bike..

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats holding me back?

I have been shopping for some time for a good solid bike at a reasonable price. It will be my first.
I stopped my Roo's place to check out his bike and it was nice, but i am just waiting for my financer to get in touch with me. Other then that nothing. Roo's girl (who was an amazingly nice person and dare i say, SSSSMMMMOOOOKINNNNGGG, sorry Roo no disrespect) even let me take it on a test drive. Not alot of people let you do that, which suprises me.
Both ROO and his lady have been amazingly patient and totally totally cool. I have met alot of positive people on this thred, and they sit on the top in my book.
But thats it, just waiting for the financer.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I wouldn't take anything short of a armoured personel carrier on I 5. You guys that ride that route on a bike have bigger balls than me.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I, myself, have a fantastic gluteus region, but not because of the RR, rather sports, sports and more sports. I shift around a lot on my RR because the seat is rather uncomfortable. Thank goodness my morning commute is only 30 minutes!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would LOVE to have a 30 minute commute!! Stupid Tampa traffic! Oh well, Let's just say that I have no problems doing my squats...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I would LOVE to have a 30 minute commute!! Stupid Tampa traffic! Oh well, Let's just say that I have no problems doing my squats...
Okay. But is your 30 minute commute to travel 8 miles? Yeah, that's not a typo. EIGHT MILES in 30 minutes, and that's on a normal day. Nevermind on the days that it's raining, sunny, an accident or everyone decides to drive day!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It takes me about 30 minutes for a 12 mile commute... But, there are times when I4 is shutdown or multiple lanes closed and can take over one hour...

·
Registered
882 Posts
It takes me about 30 minutes for a 12 mile commute... But, there are times when I4 is shutdown or multiple lanes closed and can take over one hour...
Nice to see that I4 is just as bad there as it is here!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It depends on what stretch of the 5 you are talking about. Between oceanside and irvine is really amazing but thats only like 20 miles

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I'm from PA about 30 minutes east of Philly and go to school up in Ithaca NY. I bought my bike last week and but a couple hundred miles and was planning on having my dad bring it up to school for me because the weather seems to be getting nice. I just checked the weather forecast to make sure and we are getting snow on Thurs. for 3 or 4 days. Can you believe that, snow in April. I am pissed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts