Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have looked most of the threads about the 03 RR rectifier/regulator issues, and I am suspecting my 04 is having the same problem, but I want to be sure.

Problem: Battery continues to die after 2 months time! I am not riding consistently due to the winter season, but here in atlanta, you never how to winterize your bike because of the decent temps, but the battery should not be dying out on me like this! The bike panels lights up as if everything is cool, but once I attempt to start it, it will not turn over, not enough juice in the battery.

Help: Should I take it to the dealer and let them bend me over to fix it? Or how should I determine what the problem is? How do Iknow if it is the rectifier/regulator? How much does this part cost? I put on my 2 brothers pipe, so I am somewhat capable of replacing parts. I just need help on determining which direction to go!

Forgive me if this is a repeat thread!

·
Registered
613 Posts
For what it's worth, I ride my 05 almost every day. I left it sitting for 10 days over summer holidays and the battery was unable to crank the bike when I returned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will try the troubleshooting tips posted throughout the previous threads, and look into replacing the rectifier/regulator. Now I am wondering since I have an 04, should I replace my current R/R with and 05-06 version?

·
Registered
107 Posts
hey don't know if this will help but i was having a similar problem, i decided to check the fuses and noticed two were blown. replaced and it seemed to alleviate the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prez, I will check the fuses once I get back on this, I am hoping it will be so simple as a blown fuse, but replacing the R/R should not be too big of a deal, but I hear it is pretty expensive...

·
Registered
801 Posts
I got an 05 Rectifier on my 03.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All,

I took the bike to the dealer and surprisingly I did not have to bring any lube to bend over...well, maybe just a tiny bit, but it turns out that I should use a better quality battery like Honda's 130 ouch! and I should keep it charged to an optimizer 70 installed ouch! No electrical issues 70 diagnostics ouch! well maybe just enough lube to not be too sore...Thanks for all your help and suggestions! I just did not have the time to play with it...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dont think it would be a rectifier problem if your not riding it. The rectifier just takes AC current while your riding your bike and basically overlays 3 waves, all positive over one to make a DC current. So if your not riding the bike, the rectifier is not doing anything at all.

The battery normally just has a little bit more potential than what you need to start the bike. If its below by even 0.3 Volts then it wont start, take your battery out of the bike if your not riding...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts