Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had my first off on my bike. On Sunday I was travelling through the hills in Adelaide, Australia. Heading outta Williamstown, through some twisties, came to a section of the road that was straight, with a few crests. I didnt realise the last crest was a left hand turn, as there was no road sign to say left hand turn approaching. So travelling at 100km/h I applied the rear break, and tried to lean her over, but the sharpness of the turn still sent me off road. On the side of the road was a ditch which the bike got caught in until the front wheel hit something which launched me off the bike. My mate recons I flew 20m through the air and landed on my head.

My bike is a write off and I am very lucky I didnt break anything. All I got was a couple scratches on my leg, and my neck, shoulders and the back of my head is swollen, sore, and outta wack. So im very lucky. The bike obviously got lots of fairing damage, bent sub frame, bent frame. Soo yeah, now I just need to recover so I can ride again.

·
Premium Member
53,946 Posts
Mate
Get well soon and keep your prayer going God all mighty
was watching for you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Atleast your able to write about your experience and not someone else writing about it. Thank goodness you are o.k. Get better and get back on your next ride. Stay safe!

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
So travelling at 100km/h I applied the rear break, and tried to lean her over, but the sharpness of the turn still sent me off road.

There is your mistake,,,, the rear break sucks at slowing you down,,, learn to use the front break ,,, that is what it is there fore

With that said ,, I am happy you walked away from it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heres and update and most of you im sure wont like lol. Insurance wrote the bike off. They gave me a nice payment for me to buy a new bike. Unfortunately the only bike in the 08 range I like was the GSXR600 k8.

So ive swapped sides lol. Honestly I just dont find the new cbrs that appealing any more. I really prefer the 06 shape more. Gotta admit though, the GSXR handles rather nicely. Its impressing me the more I ride it. Pity the CB1000 wasnt 5000 dollars cheaper, otherwise I would have bought that. Now thats a nice bike.

Worst thing now is I gotta start all over with the mods again. YAY not. Oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.