Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just bought a sweet ass bike, 2008 CBR600rr. Only 6000 kms when i bought it and i've put on 700kms since. The tires are starting to get flat in the middle because i guess the previous owner just rode alot in the city. My friend told me I should get new tires but there is still tread left.

I need to get the suspension adjusted as well since previous owner was about 150lbs and i'm 180lbs. Should I get new tires and then get all that done at once? Will it have to be re-adjusted if I get the suspension and settings to my weight and then get new tires later?

thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just hit some twisties hard and even them tires out.. one good weekend of riding should round em out.. pending on the tire that is.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wait till you get fresh rubber on there to try to fine tune your suspension as far as damping goes. Springs shouldn't be such a big factor with your tires, necessarily, so if you want to go ahead and replace the springs then that would be fine. The damping however, should be done with fresh-ish rubber at least. That way you are not chasing your tail because your tires don't handle correctly due to their squared profile.

Damian

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Unless the previous owner actually changed the springs in the suspension you can return it to stock, but I personally use suspension settings from sportrider.com and it handles so much better. The stock suspension is set up for a 180 lbs person btw.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
if you do have the luxury of winding roads and you can spend more time in the corners than just settle in, i think like what the others have said, they will wear in a little better.

there are not twisties where i live, so i have a flat rear tire right now, def affects handling in a negative way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.