Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im doin an diy FE w/ new rear blinkers and tag lights.

so as im puting the blibnkers on i keep turnin the bike on to c if they work, when i did nothing happend... so i switcghed some wires and turned it back on, and my cluster wont light up... i acadently hooked up the blinker to the tag light... so i undid the lights and tried again, and i hooked them up right so my rear blinkers now work but my cluster wont light up, looks like its off.. so i go to hook up my tag light wire with some LED licecnce plate bolts and they wont turn on et6her....

so what happend... did i blow a fuse? if so where is it, and where do i get a new one.

and would the cluster and tag light run together? on the same fuse.?
Shhit!

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Your fuses are under your seat (not the passenger seat, obviously). There's a good chance that some of the lights may be wired into the same fuse, as the wiring is pretty minimal on our bikes and the fuse types used are much more of a buffer than needed for only a pair of lights. Check there first, if that doesn't yield any results then work your way backward from what you originally did and see if you left something disconnected or if you spliced a wire and forgot to tape it and it's arcing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
On my 04 the fuses you need, lights and cluster, are on the left side of the bike. remove the faring and you will see a small box. its connected to one of the intakes.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Oh, one more thing. You can generally get replacement fuses at any automotive shop or go to the dealer if you're in a bind. I think our bikes use mini fuses if I can remember correctly, but definitely not the ATO's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
lol, and our bikes do run mini fuses. i believe its one 20 and the rest are 10's. the fuse box is labeled so you should have no problem finding the correct ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts