Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my install on my Scorpio 500i alarm kit with ignition kill/anti hijack module and perimeter sensor...on my 08 CBR Grafitti......

I can definately see why people recomend the Scorpio Alarm series for their CBRs.

Took less than 45 minutes to install....

The honda wiring harness it came with was just beautiful no problems at all

The install so very easy and simple to follow and understand less than 45 minutes....i dont see why shops out here in the bay area charge 130 worth of labor to install these things

All the wire harness and module are well built....worth the money in my opinion

Ignition kill and perimeter sensor works fantastic

I would definately recommend Scorpio moto alarms to anyone....

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this...especially ive been seeing alot of stolen bike threads on here lately....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats true it wont stop them from picking it up but at least its some help to deter theft....better a little something than nothing at all

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
+1 for Scorpio.

The factory connector harness made it plug and play. I needed help installing my integrated tail, so I didn't think I'd be able to install this alarm on my own, but it was cake.

Still wont stop then from picking up your bike and loading it to a truck.
That is why I have full coverage. The alarm is a deterrent to criminals, and more importantly, a way to keep away jackass kids who want to try and sit on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 for Scorpio.

That is why I have full coverage. The alarm is a deterrent to criminals, and more importantly, a way to keep away jackass kids who want to try and sit on it.

exactly why i also got the perimeter sensor hehhee

i hate it when people touch things that dont belong to them

K

·
0 Posts
and now that you have that little nugget installed, i'm not going to help you with any troubleshooting ordeals.

some people like um, troubleshooters HATE them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I installed my Scorpio 900, it was super easy and fast. Peace of mind is a great relief not having to worry someone is gonna be touching or sitting on the bike. And if someone does touch it, my remote lets me know! I love my scorpio!

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you guys knew how easy it was to rip out a seat and disable the alarm I dont think you would be so satisfied. If you just grab the seat you can easily rip it out without undoing any of the screws. The front part of the seat that slides in will come out if you use enough force. About 2 seconds to take teh seat off and another 5 to disable your alarm.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
If you guys knew how easy it was to rip out a seat and disable the alarm I dont think you would be so satisfied. If you just grab the seat you can easily rip it out without undoing any of the screws. The front part of the seat that slides in will come out if you use enough force. About 2 seconds to take teh seat off and another 5 to disable your alarm.
by than your page would have gone off and you can run the **** other there :toothy4:

i understand if they are gonna steal it.. they are.. its when people start to mess with your ride are the ones your really trying to stop.. well for me thats why i would do it.. so i dont need to look outside every 5 mins

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You have fun doing that in a parking lot filled with people and cameras.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah I always see everyone run towards a car or bike to see what's going on when an alarm is going off.

An alarm will scare away some idiot kid that thinks he can steal a bike, or if your home it will wake you up. An alarm is better than nothing, but chaining it down to something helps to, putting it in a garage is even better. A lot of people don't have a garage to put there bikes in so an alarm and a chain is the next best thing. 2 guys with channel locks, a van, and nothing to loose will still get away with your bike, you just have to decide how far you want to go to keep that bike.

If you put a huge chain threw your swing arm and your forks connected to something that can't fit in a van and put an alarm on it then nobody in there right mind will try to steal your bike and if they get past all that, well then they deserve it lol

9 out of 10 nights I have my bike in a shed or garage depending on which one of my houses I'm at, but if I'm at a girls house for the night I just park it out front, no alarm, no chain, I could do a lot more but for me, it's to much hassle. I will probably buy an alarm eventually just because it's a pain in the ass to make a claim and it makes your rates go up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You speak of experience???????????????:toothy4:

·
Registered
828 Posts
You speak of experience???????????????:toothy4:
Yes I do, my bike was stolen. And good luck running 1 mile in under 2 minutes to save your bike. You think a parking lot full of people and cameras will stop someone from stealing your bike? What do you think will happen when your alarm goes off? Absolutely nothing, no one is going to stop the thief. And it's not like your bike is going to be parked in a place full of people 24/7.

Just letting you guys know, its really easy to rip the driver and passenger seat off. Doesnt take much effort.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts