Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what is wrong the last coupple of days when I walk into my garage and see my bike I just dont have the excitement I used to. i walk in and look at and I just get the feelign something is wrong with it like its missing something and I dont know what it is. I have even thought baout putting it on here or in the want ad thats how bad it has gotten.

sorry for this being random but I just needed to get it out.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
sometimes the passion is gone....

happens in marriages...happens in everything possible u can think about life.

find something that DOES make you happy, and put your energy into it.

good luck. You can still get a pretty buck for the bike.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Go do a trackday and that'll surely revive the zest your missing that no street ride could possibly come close to offering ! ! ! ! . . . . .

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
stay off of the bike for a couple of weeks and see how you feel then about the bike.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I feel you CBRown. I used to eat sleep and drink thinking about my bike. 2 years later now, thousands of dollars into it and i just say "ehh" when i see it. It's fun but it just seems like more negatives then positives with it anymore. Runs great, looks great but... everytime you go out on the street there is retarded drivers cutting you off and then other people stereotyping you because you have a sportbike. Theres also not many people to ride with around where i live, gets boring just riding around by yourself all the time. As soon as my bikes paid off, i'm selling. Before next riding season is what i'm shooting for. On to the next phase of my life, 70' Nova.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know how you feel. Over the winter I put all of my time and money into restoring my 66 Nova. When that first day of spring rolled around and I went for a ride I was hooked again. My poor nova is just sitting there now.

apbt600rr said:
On to the next phase of my life, 70' Nova.
Apbt600rr- Have checked out stevesnovasite.com. It is just like this one but for Novas.

Brent

·
Registered
907 Posts
600RR_newbie said:
I know how you feel. Over the winter I put all of my time and money into restoring my 66 Nova. When that first day of spring rolled around and I went for a ride I was hooked again. My poor nova is just sitting there now.

Apbt600rr- Have checked out stevesnovasite.com. It is just like this one but for Novas.

Brent
thanks for the link. Look for 3500$ i could be starting on this monster

·
Registered
881 Posts
600RR_newbie said:

Brent

a NOVA! come on, (in my best Al Pacino voice) "If I was half the man I used to be, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place"

·
Registered
504 Posts
i got into a slightly small "slump" of not getting excited about riding once. On my way home late at night a few days later i hit a turn on the freeway going 90mph with almost full lean on the bike and then it kicked in...i effing love this bike!

...FYI, no cars on the freeway at the time and i don't usually ride like that. lol.

·
Registered
526 Posts
watch a cool motorcycle video maybe you will snap out of it

·
Registered
538 Posts
CBRown said:
I don't know what is wrong the last coupple of days when I walk into my garage and see my bike I just dont have the excitement I used to. i walk in and look at and I just get the feelign something is wrong with it like its missing something and I dont know what it is. I have even thought baout putting it on here or in the want ad thats how bad it has gotten.

sorry for this being random but I just needed to get it out.

Don't worry, go to your doctor, I'm sure there is a pill to raise your "excitement" levels.

C

·
0 Posts
Ive been riding sportbikes for 6 years and I love every day I ride more than the last! Motorcycles (any kind of motorcycle) gets my blood flowing. Im glad I havent lost my passion. But it happens Im sure.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I know how you feel man, once in a while I get sick of it.

Do yourself a favor and get with a couple of buddies on some new roads. Just get away and take a breath of fresh air on an open stretch of random road. I just drove around with a smile on my face today when I finally got away from town a little bit. Kinda nice not worrying about cops when only riding in 1st gear...

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I'll take it! Seeing it in my garage will excite me plenty!

Like MotoMike said, do a trackday!!! I just did one last weekend and I was kissing and hugging my bike right on the paddock (to the begrudging glare of my girlfriend).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts