Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up in the morning and went to work out with my buddy. I left my wallet in his truck because there is no reason to bring it into the gym...you know where this is going.. So after the workout we split and I drove my car home...

My girlfriend called and wanted to go for a ride on the bike. So I got on the bike and headed over to her place.
I just pulled out of my subdivision.. nobody on the road and I wasnt paying attention to my speed. He pulled me over about a quarter mile from my house. He got me at 50 in a 40. He asked for my licence, reg., and proof.....I reach for my wallet and realized it was in my buddy's car. So I gave him my info and he didn't believe me. He asked me 3 times what my name was. The reall kicker was that I had just gotten a new plate for the bike and didn't put it on yet. It was in my breast pocket of my jacket. Talk about riding dirty! I knew I was F_cked. So he wrote me for 10 over and failure to produce proof of insurance. I guess I had it coming to me.

I have a court date to fight it. I just want to see if I can get out oof the points. I will pay the fines becuase I deserve it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
shi!t happens. I rode without a plate for a while but luckily nothing happened to me. Even if you fight it, I doubt you will win, judge will ask one simple question..."Did you have proof of insurance when pulled over?" But good luck bro.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't be so quick to just lay down and think you won't win if you fight it. Before you go to court, go in and talk to the City or District attorney (depends if you were in the city or county). Basically go in there "with your hat in your hand" and explain the situation. They just might give you a break, they might not, ya never know. I've done this whenever I've gotten a ticket - speeding, accident, and then the bogus one - impeding traffic - and I got 2 of them reduced (points and fine) and the other completely dismissed. You could go in there and he/she will give you a break, or you could go in there and they'll do nothing for you - just make the effort and see where it takes ya.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in the township. not the city. Is the District attorney located at the court house or some place else? and do I just call and make an appointment or do I go and ask to talk to them? I have an appointment to talk to the Magistrate next month. Do I talk to the attorney first?

·
Registered
176 Posts
You'd probably talk to the District Attorney then. Just find out who the prosecuting attorney is and call and make an appointment with them. (I think it should say on your ticket).

I'm not exactly sure what Magistrate is . . .?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Here in Houston Texas (huge city traffic court way backed up) you are allowed to postpone twice then request a trail....by that time it is a year down the road and the cop wont show. Time consuming but it works.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robbie said:
Here in Houston Texas (huge city traffic court way backed up) you are allowed to postpone twice then request a trail....by that time it is a year down the road and the cop wont show. Time consuming but it works.
lol I dont know if Michigan is like that. good Idea though

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Xw00dsrac3rX said:
here in PA all u have to prove is that u in fact had insurance at the time of the stop when u go to the hearing...as long as ur card was valid at the time you should have no problem
That should be acurate for all states. Nine times out of ten you do not have to go to court for the Insurace citation, you should be able to take it to the station and show proof and the ticket will go bye bye.

The speeding ticket is a different story.

·
Registered
50 Posts
+1 - Ask for "the mercy of the court." Generally, judges will let local ppl slide because they have to get reelected. You may not get it dismissed, but you may get it reduced, etc...

Dills said:
Don't be so quick to just lay down and think you won't win if you fight it. Before you go to court, go in and talk to the City or District attorney (depends if you were in the city or county). Basically go in there "with your hat in your hand" and explain the situation. They just might give you a break, they might not, ya never know. I've done this whenever I've gotten a ticket - speeding, accident, and then the bogus one - impeding traffic - and I got 2 of them reduced (points and fine) and the other completely dismissed. You could go in there and he/she will give you a break, or you could go in there and they'll do nothing for you - just make the effort and see where it takes ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts