Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in CT and this insurance is getting out of hand. My renewal came yesterday $642.00 up from last year about $100.00 with a clean record not tickets ever! That's for a 600 what the hell would I pay for a 1000rr?
This is crazy I am 32 and married have two cars and a house with Progessive. The sad part is I called other insurance companies and they are even more.

If anyone can give me some insurance companies that might be less please let me know.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
I wish I had that low of insurance. I am also in CT, 35yrs old....nearly $2800 for two bikes. I do have two tickets in the past three years though.....but $642 is cheap in the Tri State Area

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I can promise you there is better insurance for you out there than Progressive. While they are a good company, they have the worst rates for motorcycle insurance for anyone.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
around $500 a year here in the ole' north cakalaki!

·
Registered
111 Posts
i am 22 with 2 bike and only pay 468 with state farm in ohio

·
Registered
180 Posts
Over 1200 a year here. I am 25, have car and home insurance also, but I still get gouged by Progressive! Plus I had to pay for the entire years insurance in the first four months of the policy. Consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm with StateFarm here in California and I play $28 per month for the bike. However, I don't believe the cover medical. Clean driving record.

·
Registered
383 Posts
im in DE and for the car f/c bike f/c and condo its a little less than $300 a month. i'm 24 so i asked how much it would be when i turn 25 the bike will drop $50 as well as the car. at that time a 1000 with f/c will run me $50 a month. State Farm is the insurance company.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I pay 180$ month for just my rr with progressive, with 2 cars and 1 ticket in 3 years. Sucks to be 24 and single.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I only have min. coverage so less than $200 for the year. But you can't do that if you have a lean out on it. I figure I could pay for whatever I break in a wreck 2 or 3 times with the amount they wanted for full coverage, plus my wife and I have a couple tickets each, and she has a wreck(typical woman driver) which made full coverage prices go up into the thousands of dollars. she pays a little less than me on her bike. I don't suggest doing this unless you have alternate medical coverage though. We're both in the Military so we don't pay for medical.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Progressive quoted me 3329 for 12 months in GA.....I hung up the phone. I don't own (yet which is one of the reasons I'm waiting on buying a bike). I'll start shopping for insurance companies later on this year when I'm closer to getting a bike.

I have a bunch of tickets (only 3 in the last 3 years that I can remember) and 2 accidents (other driver @ fault). Married 2 kids (actually 2nd on the way) and I insured @ one point 4 cars @ the same time with progressive.

They can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Apex i ITR, I can hook you up with a much cheaper motorcycle only insurance company here in GA. PM me when you're ready....my record is similar to yours.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Progressive = sh*t

Get a quote with State Farm.
Progressive quoted me @ $2,636 / year, State Farm was appx. $800 / year.
Guess which one I went with?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
ANY of you with State Farm ever had to make a claim agianst the insurance?? I've heard some Horror Stories of people trying to get them to pay. One guy waited 9 months for a check that was half what it was supposed to be over a totaled car. Another guy's house burned down, State Farm has yet to pay a dime over a year later. Just curious, I'm on Progressive for $6XX a year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts